Chapter 16

--------Hayes's POV--------

Taylor,Jack G, and Shawn walked into the house. Right at that moment Carter and Jack J came down stairs. "Food." Taylor called sitting the pizza down on the coffee table. Immediately Cameron woke up and Nash put his phone in his pocket. "Let's hurry up and eat so we can go to the go-kart place." Nash said grabbing a slice of pizza. "Which place?" Carter asked. "The new one, right?" Jack J asked. "Yeah, I hear that one is awesome. It has a rock climbing wall, arcade, and mini golf course." Jack G added. "What's it called?" Shawn questioned. "Lester's?" Aaron said. "That place is cool." Shawn agreed. "So it's settled. Lester's here we come." Nash said standing up. "I'm not gonna go." I said looking up at Nash. "Why not?" It's going to be awesome!" Taylor said jumping up and down. "I just don't feel like it. Plus I have to finish the game I started on the Xbox." I made up an excuse. "Seriously." Nash said. "I'm not going to go either." Matt said. Nobody questioned why Matt wasn't going. No one needed to. We all knew why. "Maybe after Hayes's game you guys could meet up with us." Jack J suggested. "Sounds good to me." Matt said. "Yeah." I agreed. "Let's go." Aaron yelled running out the front door. Carter and Taylor mimicked him. Jack, Jack, and Shawn all waves "bye" and left. "Cameron, you coming?" Nash said about to leave. "Nah, I'm too tired. I think I'm coming down with something. I better just rest." He said laying his head back down. "Call me if you need me, Hayes." Nash said before leaving. Cameron was already asleep and Matt looked terrible. "I'm going to go finish my game, maybe you should take a shower or something." I suggested to Matt. "I think you're right." He said standing up. "You can use the guest one." I said. I figured that Zoey had heard enough of him and that it was best if he stayed downstairs. "Thanks." Matt said. He followed me upstairs and grabbed his bag, then headed back down stairs. I went to the Mancave and turned on the Xbox to cancel my game. After it was canceled I walked to Zoey's room. I knocked quietly. "Leave me alone." She said half crying. "Zoey, let me in." I said to her. Shortly the door was unlocked and opened. She was a wreck. Her hair was half way up in a bun and she had dry mascara under her eyes. She had tears in her eyes and was wearing an oversized sweatshirt. She stood there shaking. I sat down on her bed and she joined me. "Talk to me." I said trying to look into her eyes. She shook her head. "Zoey, please." I begged. "I-I can't." She stuttered out. "Please." "I just someone to hold me." She said bursting out into tears. I immediately wrapped my arms around her. "It's ok." I whispered into her ear. She just nodded her head. We sat there like that for a few minutes until I let go of her. I turned her so that she faces me. "Let's go do something. We need to get our mind off of this." I said liking her in the eyes. "Like what." She asked sniffling. "Go get stuff to decorate your room. I told you I would do it." I suggested. "Ok." She half smiled. "You go take a shower, and I'll get everything ready to go." I said standing up. She agreed and went to the bathroom. I let myself out and went to go change.
--------1 hour later--------

Zoey walked into my room ready to go. "So who's taking us." She asked. "Yeah, about that. We have two choices. Two people didn't want to go the Lester's so one of them could take is." I said. "Cool. Which one?" She asked. "You choose." "Who's my choices?" She asked. "Um, I'm not sure you're going to like either, but they are our only choices." I said with a guilty smile. "Hayes, who are they?!" She asked with a hint of anger. "Cameron or Matt." I said faking a smile. I swear I saw steam come out of her ears.