Chapter 5: New Secrets

--------Zoey's POV--------
   I saw my phone light up with a text. I opened it to see it was from Hayes.
Hayes: Hey
Zoey: Hi
Hayes: How was school?
Zoey: ok
Hayes: How was practice?
Zoey: ok
Hayes: what are you doing?
Zoey: nothing
Hayes: I finally got more than 2 letters out of you!!!
Zoey: lol. Don't you have homework or something?
Hayes: I'll make Nash do it.
Zoey: Nash?
Hayes: our brother duh
Zoey: like the blue eyed Nash all over the Internet?!
Hayes: Oh god
Zoey: what?
Hayes: you're a fan girl.
Zoey: And that's a bad thing?
Hayes: the first time we meet in person I'm not signing your phone.
Zoey: I don't want you to so good.
Hayes: whatever.
Zoey: I gtg. Ttyl
Hayes: peace sister
I put my phone down and walked downstairs to the living room. My mom sat there reading. "Hey sweetie." She said looking up. "Hey." I said sitting down next to her. "How's Hayes?" She asked going back to her reading. "How'd you know I was talking to him?!" I sat jumping up. "I know you." She said looking at me. "And Hayes should probably delete his texts before letting Chad read them." I started to laugh. Sounds like my brother. It had been 2 weeks since I found out and me and Hayes had become pretty close. "When do I get to meet him in person?" I asked. "Tomorrow." My mom said as she continued to read. "What!?" I yelled. "You're flying there tomorrow." My mom handed me a plane ticket. "Really!!!!???" I yelled grabbing the ticket jumping around the room. "Wait what about school and practice?" I asked. "I already talked to your teachers and coach. I got your work for the next week and coach said you don't have any games so you're good to go." "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I said hugging her. "You better go pack" she said as she went back to reading.

--------Hayes POV-------

  "She's really coming?" I asked. "She should be here any minute." Nash said pacing. "Where's Matt?" I heard him mumble. Nash's phone rang and he left the room to answer it. At that moment a car pulled up. It was my dad. I saw him step out and walk over to help someone out. That's when I saw her. Her curly, dark brown hair. Her tan skin. She was beautiful. My dad grabbed some of her bags from the car and she tried to help but he refused. As they approached the front door I opened it allowing them to enter. Zoey entered first looking in awe at the house. Chad struggled to enter with all the bags. "Welcome home Zoey." He said as he dropped them onto the floor. Zoey continued to look in awe. She stood in one place turning her head every way. "I'm going to go grab the rest." Chad said going back outside. "Hey" is all I could manage to say, I was speechless. "Hi" she said back, turning around to face me. "I think it's time we properly met. Hi, I'm Benjamin Hayes Grier. Your brother." I said as I stuck my hand out for her to shake. "And that would make me Zoey Grace Hend-I mean Grier." She said shaking my hand. "I'm your sister." "It's nice meeting you, sis. We have a lot to make up." I said. "14 whole years." She said. Her eyes met mine. They were dark drown, like chocolate. She had small freckles on her nose and very little makeup on. "14 years of annoyance, bothering, bickering, and fighting to make up." I said. She laughed. She had a cute laugh. It was different form anything I had ever heard before. And she smiled. Her smile was beautiful. She had bright, white teeth that were perfectly straight. "Zoey?" I said. "Yeah, Hayes?" She said. "Can I hug you?" I said. "No." She said. "Why not?" I said worriedly. Did I do something wrong?! "Because I want to hug you first." She said and immediately rapped her arms around me. I did the same and held her for a moment. This. This was what I was supposed to do every time someone hurt her. This was what I was supposed to do when she needed someone to be there for her. This is what I was supposed to do every day.  And I intended on doing it.