Chapter 20

--------Matt's POV-------

I had to admit, I was a little mad at Cameron for interrupting mine and Zoey's kiss. But, I wasn't going to say anything. We would just finish it later.

We all grabbed pizza and sat down in the living room. Zoey was sitting in the love seat, and I wanted to sit beside her. I quickly rushed to grab my pizza and join her.

But, with my luck, I tripped and dropped my pizza. No one saw, but I was still embarrassed. I grabbed a new slice and joined everyone in the living room.

When I walked into the living room, I noticed that Zoey wasn't there. In her place sat Hayes. I walked over to the couch and sat down beside Taylor and Nash.

A few minutes later Zoey came back into the room. She walked over to the couch and I scooted over so she could sit next to me. By the look on her face I knew something was wrong.

--------Zoey's POV--------

I was sitting in the living room when I heard my phone go off. I stood up and walked into the hallway. I noticed it was my mom.

Zoey: "Hey mom. Sorry that I haven't called. I just got distracted."
Mom: "Zoey."
Zoey: "Mom. Is everything ok"
Mom: "It's Caleb. He's in the hospital."
Zoey: "What!? Why?! What happened?!"
Mom: "We got into a car accident."
Zoey: "What?! Are you ok?!"
Mom: "Yes, I'm fine. Chad got you and Hayes a plane ticket that leaves tomorrow. We really need you here."
Zoey: "Ok, I'll tell Hayes."
Mom: "Bye, love you."
Zoey: "Love you too."

I hung up. I was in shock. I walked back to the living room and sat down beside Matt and Nash. I was still trying to process everything when I felt Matt's hand grab mine.

I looked up at him. "What's wrong?" He asked looking me in the eyes. I shook my head, as my eyes began to fill with tears. Matt pulled me towards the stairs. "Zoey." He said placing a hand on my face. I felt a tear escape from my eye.

Next thing I knew, Matt was carrying me upstairs. My eyes were closed shut as I slightly cried into his chest. I felt him set me down on my bed.

He held me tightly, trying to comfort me. A few minutes later Nash came upstairs to check on us.

"Is everything ok?" He said walking in. He noticed Matt hugging me tightly. I could feel Matt shrug his arms before hugging me again.

"Zoey, can you tell me what's wrong?" Matt said sitting me up. He started rubbing my back to try and calm me down. I nodded my head and wiped away a tear.

"My brother." I said. Before I could say anything else I started crying again. "Hayes?" Nash said. I shook my head "no". "Your brother back home?" Matt asked tilted my head up so that I was looking at him. I nodded my head.

"What happened?" Matt asked. "He got in a car accident." I said. I felt a tear run down my cheek. Matt quickly wiped it away. "Is he ok?" Matt asked holding both of my hands. I shook my head.

"He's in the hospital. I'm leaving tomorrow to go see him." I said as another year slipped from my eye. "By yourself?" Nash asked. "Hayes is coming. Chad got us plane tickets."

"Maybe I should go to." Nash offered. "You don't have to." I said. "No, I want to. And maybe Matt would want to also?" Nash suggested. "Yeah, I'd love to." Matt said.

I wanted them both to go, but our plane left tomorrow. And the plane was probably booked. There would be no way for them to leave when we did.

"Thank you both so much, but we leave tomorrow. The plan is probably booked. Plus, someone needs to watch after Alfie." I said making up an excuse.

"Alfie? Is that what his name is?" Matt said as he picked up the kitten. "Yeah." "How about we drive up there tomorrow?" Nash suggested. "That's a long drive." I said.

"Tennessee isn't that far away." Matt said. "Ok, whatever. But it will be a long drive." I said standing up. "We'll manage." Nash said. "Sure you will. I'm goi g to go take a shower so out." I said as I walked into the bathroom.

I shut and locked the door and turned on the hot water. As the water started to heat up, all I could think about was Caleb. He was in hospital and was hurt. I wanted to be with him. I needed to be with him.