Chapter 21

--------Zoey's POV--------

I woke up to my alarm going off. I quickly turned it off and checked the time. 4:00. Our flight left at 7:00. I got up and turned on the shower. As the water was heating up I went to wake up Hayes.

I walked into Hayes's room. He was fast asleep. I jumped onto his bed. "Hayes. Get up." I said pushing him. He refused to move. I shoved him off the bed. "Ouch." He groaned as he stood up. "Why'd you do that?" He said laying back down.

"Because it's time to get up." I said. "Why? It's like 5 am." He said. "I wish. But we are going to Tennessee. Remember?" I said standing up. "Oh, yeah. I forgot. I better pack." He said standing up. "You haven't packed?!" I screamed. "Shhhh. Everyone is still asleep." Hayes said grabbed a suitcase from his closet.

I rolled my eyes. I left Hayes's room and went back to my own. The house was pretty quiet since some of the boys left last night. I don't know if it was because of Caleb or what, but I was secretly kind of glad.

After my shower I put in a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. I pulled my hair up in a bun and grabbed a pair of Uggs. I grabbed all of my bags and stacked them outside of my room. I was packing my last few items when I felt someone hug me from behind.

I turned around to see Matt. "Good morning, sunshine." He said letting go of me. "Good morning, Matt." I said grabbing my phone and charger. "Do you have to leave so soon?" He complained like a child as he flopped down on my bed.

"Yes, and you're going to watch after Alfie, right?" I said running into the bathroom to double check everything. "Yes ma'am." Matt said. "Good. Can you do me a favor?" I asked. "Depends, what do I get in return?" Matt said with a smile. "Matt, seriously? Take my bags downstairs, please." I said as I walked out of my room.

I went to Hayes's room and saw that he was already packed. He was watching tv and playing on his phone. "Ready?" I asked. "Ready." He responded jumping up off his bed.

Once everything was in the car, Nash and Matt started to pack up their car. They weren't leaving for another 3 hours, but they would get lazy. I checked my phone and saw that it was 5:00.

"Time to go." I yelled. Hayes ran to the car and got in. I joined him. Nash was driving us and Matt was tagging along. The drive to the airport seemed like forever. I was so nervous about Caleb that I wanted everything to go faster.

Finally we got there and went through security. We were all waiting in silence. No one really knew what to say. Finally our plane was announced.

I stood up and so did Hayes. I turned towards Nash and Matt. "Be safe." Nash said. "We'll be there soon." I nodded my head. He hugged me and then went over to Hayes. I turned back towards Matt.

"I'll be there soon." He said hugging me. I didn't want to let go of him. I was scared of what to expect when we got there. I wanted him to be with me.

"Matt." I said into his shoulder. "It's ok, I'll be there soon." He said trying to comfort me. "We need to go." Hayes said.

Me and Matt broke from the hug and I started walking with Hayes towards boarding. I turned back around and waved "bye" to Matt and Nash.

A few minutes after we sat down on the plane, they started going over all the rules and procedures. I sat quietly thinking. Finally they announced take off.

I looked over at Hayes, and he seemed to be as nervous as me. Maybe even more.The plane started to go. That's when his eyes met mine.

"Ready?" He asked.
"Ready." I responded.
Then the plane took off.