Jasper's Mate

Jasper Hale (Twilight)

                X

Dick Grayson (DC Comics)

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

JASPER was in constant pain. Now, this is not the pain that Jessica Stanely talked about all those years ago.

This is a pain of heartache.

All of the other Cullens had found their mates. Alice being the most recent with a woman from Canada. We were living in Canada at the time and the woman was dying in an alley. Alice had no choice but to turn her and they had been happy to be together for the rest of their undead lives.

Love, deep, neverending love surrounded him. He was ashamed to think it, but he was tired of being around so much love when he himself didn't experience any of it. Everyday he wondered what his mate would look like, although he didn't care what they looked like, just as long as he could give them the love they deserved. On the other hand, he thought he didn't deserve any mate with the things he has done. That thought alone kept him grounded, as he had almost ran away from the Cullen family many times to look for his mate. What kept him was his doubt, self-loathing, and Alice. Alice was his best friend and kept him from going into the void. He knew he didn't deserve anyone, but the least he could do was be a friend to Alice.

*

DICK smiled at the woman. Granted it was a fake smile, he did it nonetheless. Said woman was attempting to get him to come home with her, brushing her body on him at any chance she had gotten. Dick looked around the room. It was decorated in black candles and roses, black roses. One would assume it to be a room in a funeral parlour or a gothic bedroom.

"So we could perform the ritual or we could have some fun first," she purred. What ever Dick thought about the statement didn't show on his face. He instead quirked the side of his mouth upwards and slowly stood, his hands in his pants pockets.

"What exactly is done in the ritual?"

"Are you backing out or do you just want a f*ck?"

At the woman's lustful glance he breathed out a laugh.

"No, I'm a curious man, you see? I know what I'm getting into but how I'm getting into it is what I want to know," he started unbuttoning his dress shirt. The woman nodded and started to undress as well.

"The process itself is about an hour. You sit in the pentagram, I chant and blow the spices that please the maker on you. You are brought to the chamber, where you pick the one to bathe in the blood of--"

Dick puts himself on top of the woman as she lays in the bed, "I get to pick?"

"Such an intelligent man like yourself gets the chance of killing whoever he chooses," she kisses him, "well, you have to use the correct weapon but you get to choose how you kill him."

"Him? Where are you getting these people?" He mixes his words with more kisses.

"Fresh from the market, Francis Islo's workers are good workers but they also die well."

He forces her hands above her head, "Where do they put the bodies afterwards?"

"The vats mostly, but the higher ups tend to eat whatever is left. Sometimes when your lucky, the newbies get to watch. Perhaps when you are done with the ritual, we can watch them together." He quickly hits a few pressure points for her to pass out. Dick sighs and his facade drops as he goes to put his clothing back on as well as hers on her.