8: Truth or Dare

❝We need to sit on the rim of the well of darkness 

We need to sit on the rim of the well of darkness 

and fish for fallen lights with patience. ❞

 ❞

"Birth control pills?" Ari asked as she read the bottle of pills Sangwoo handed to her while he sat on the chair in the kitchen.

"Do I need to drink these?"

Sangwoo nodded. "It'll be a hassle if you get, you know, pregnant or something," he said nonchalantly before taking the bottle from Ari and placing it inside the cupboard.

Ari stare at Sangwoo in confusion. "Huh? But aren't you going to kill me? I don't really see why I need to take those gross pills."

Sangwoo pinched the bridge of his nose as he slammed his hand on the kitchen counter.

"Well dammit Ari! Just take the damn pills every night and we can all be happy."

"Happy? Do we need to be happy?"

Sangwoo is starting to lose his patience on the emotionless girl as he eyed a nearby knife. It would be easy to kill her right now, way too easy.

But Sangwoo will not give her that satisfaction.

"Just take the pills Ari, okay?" Sangwoo sighed in defeat.

Ari just shrugged and nodded. "Okay."

**

After dinner, Ari found herself sitting beside Sangwoo on the living room as he read some books. He wasn't really the type to study but the semester is starting soon.

"Sangwoo," Ari called as she played with the hem of her shirt. Sangwoo just hummed without looking at the girl.

"Remember when we played this or that?"

"Yeah? Are you bored?" Sangwoo asked without looking at Ari.

"Wanna play truth or dare this time?"

Sangwoo put the book down and pulled out his glasses as he gave Ari his undivided attention.

"Are you sure you wanted to play that because you're bored? And not because you just wanted to dare me to kill you?"

Ari looked down and averted her eyes.

She actually thought about that. Sangwoo shook his head. This girl would stop at nothing to convince him to kill her, no matter how silly it is, she'll try it.

"Alright, let's play truth or dare."

Ari looked up. "But you're not allowed to dare me to kill you."

"Okay," Ari muttered as she moved closer to Sangwoo.

"I'll go first," Sangwoo said, since last time Ari went first in this or that. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth," Ari said as Sangwoo chuckled. She's playing it safe at first.

"When is your birthday?"

Ari looked up as she racked her brain to remember her birthday. "I don't really know. But my foster parents used to celebrate my birthday on October 28th."

That would be two weeks from now, Sangwoo thought.

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth," Sangwoo said, not really up to do a dare yet.

"When do you plan to kill me?"

"Someday,"

"But when exactly?"Ari pressed.

"One question at a time Ari. Alright, truth or dare."

"Truth"

"What do you to want to have for your birthday?"

Ari tilted her head. Does she really want anything? Come to think of it, she hasn't celebrated her birthday since she left her foster home.

"The last time I got something I want for my birthday was when I was seven, so I guess I would want to have it again. It's a camera."

A camera? Sangwoo would think about buying her one. That might make her smile.

"Truth or dare?" Ari silently hope he'd choose truth so she could ask him the same question earlier.

But Sangwoo has a mischievous glint in his eyes as he smirked.

"Dare," he said.

Ari hesitated for a second. She doesn't really know what to dare him since he said she couldn't dare him to kill her.

Ari think of something, anything to dare him.

"Why can't I just dare you to kiss me?" Ari huffed and muttered. She was about to say kill but her word betrayed her and she said kiss instead.

Sangwoo was taken aback but composed himself just quickly as he leaned in.

"Well, who said you can't dare me to do that?"

"I didn't-"

Ari was cut briefly when Sangwoo leaned in and kiss her.

It didn't last for three seconds as Sangwoo leaned out and Ari's eyes were wide as she touched her lips.

"That's it?" she asked. She didn't expect to just get a peck.

"What? Not satisfied, are we Ari?"

Ari shook her head and averted her eyes.

Sangwoo just chuckled and licked his lips.

It was hard enough to control himself. Sangwoo doubt he could stop himself if the kiss lasted a second longer.