14: Shutter

❝She watch the leaves fall like they were dancing,

She watch the leaves fall like they were dancing,

And then she wonders how Autumn can be so beautiful when everything is dying.

❞

Ari has always find the Autumn bewitching. She would watch the yellow dying leaves decorate the sidewalks and Ari would always call the time the Season of Fallen Leaves. It was cold yet the snow wouldn't fall until later in November.

"Do you want to go outside, Ari?"

The question came out of nowhere. Ari was sitting on the couch, between Sangwoo's legs, reading a book about animals that she managed to come across with while cleaning the house. It was one of those peaceful days and Sangwoo would suddenly ask that.

"No?" Ari said, sounding more like she's asking than stating it.

She slightly turn around only to be met by Sangwoo's finger tapping her small nose as Ari blinked. "I'll go out for a while. I need to pick something."

"Okay," Ari shrugged her shoulders as she went back to reading again. It's not like there's anything to read than pictures of animals and their names.

Sangwoo sat up and slowly stood up as Ari adjusted herself on the couch. He looked at her for a few seconds, wondering just how the hell is he putting up with such a boring girl. But then again, there are times when Ari can be interesting and Sangwoo knew he hasn't seen the best of it. Maybe he's right when he sees someone who hides a madness within them. Even if they say opposite attracts, still great minds do think alike. And Sangwoo can see the madness swirling in those hollowed orbs of hers. When the first time he saw it, he thought ancient ghosts would peak behind it.

After putting on his coat, with one last look at Ari, Sangwoo opened the front door and stepped outside and into the cold October breeze.