17: Limbs

❝Don't you see, the strongest drug that exist for a human being 

Don't you see, the strongest drug that exist for a human being 

is another human being.

❞

Ari woke up at the sound of a thud. It's as if something fell and then heavy footsteps followed. It's not like she's having a good dream but waking up in an ungodly hour, Ari feel annoyed. She turned around to an empty side and she slowly opened her eyes to only be met by darkness.

The sun hasn't still rise and yet Sangwoo was already up. Ari thought it's the fourth time this week and she was just going to ignore it, like she always does, but just as she was about to close her eyes, another thud could be heard from downstairs and Ari involuntarily flinched.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes before standing up and heading outside the room. She was halfway down the flight of stairs when Ari thought she caught Sangwoo's back. He was walking towards the basement and Ari shrugged her shoulders.

"Sangwoo never told me not to go to the basement," Ari muttered as she followed him. It's been a while since she last remember being down there. She thought he'd end her in there, but things started to change and Ari still couldn't decide whether she liked that change or not.

She heard another thud and Ari couldn't exactly fight the flinch as she stood there at the entrance.

"What are you doing?"

Her voice echoed through the silence of the place and Sangwoo looked up. His eyes had gotten darker, probably from the lack of sleep. In his hand was a butcher knife and he wasn't wearing any top, just an apron and a boxer briefs. Sangwoo wiped the side of his face when a sweat dropped down and as he did so, Ari noticed the blood.

"Ari," Sangwoo said, blinking his eyes as he realized she was standing there. "You shouldn't be awake at this hour sweetheart, go back to your room."