33: Perfect Murder

❝There is no such thing as a perfect murder

There is no such thing as a perfect murder. 

Somewhere along the way there are bound to have flaws.

❞

The ride back to Seoul was silent. Not that Sangwoo expects her to talk. But instead of Ari looking out the window, she was actually fast asleep when Sangwoo look to his side and saw her eyes were closed and the light intake of breath.

"She won't be able to sleep tonight if she continue to sleep all day," Sangwoo said as he park the car outside the gate of his house.

He sat there for a few seconds, just looking ahead until he saw a police mobile patrolling the area. He closed his eyes tightly and clenched his jaw before he opened them again and stepped outside.

Carrying a plastic bag full of apples that Sangwoo bought earlier and he was about to open the door to the passenger side when the police mobile stopped and window rolled down.

"Ah, Sangwoo, good day!"

Sangwoo recognized the voice as he stopped before he turned around with a smile. "Good day, Officer Park."

"I didn't see you yesterday. Where were you?"

Sangwoo looked behind for a second where Ari was sleeping soundly in the car. "My girlfriend and I went to Busan. We got back last night."

"Ah, I see. Then, see you around," the old man said as he rolled up the window and left.

After awhile Sangwoo opened the door to the passenger seat and took Ari as he carried her in in his arms.

He adjusted her and the movement made Ari stir in her sleep as Sangwoo felt her move.

"Sangwoo, are we back?" She mumbled and Sangwoo looked down on her, Ari's eyes were still half-lidded and she looks tired.