29: Where Her Nightmare Lies

❝She wasn't born herself

She wasn't born herself. 

She found herself over a long and treacherous road.

❞

The temperature had gone colder now. The snowfall didn't last long but it's colder now and Ari knew that days would blur by so quickly that before she knew it, it's already the twenty fourth of December.

Busan is at least a four hour drive from Seoul, long enough for Ari to comprehend what she will be feeling now that she's sitting in Sangwoo's car, driving all the way to Busan.

"Ari? You haven't said anything since this morning, are you sure you're okay," he said, the utter silence was starting to rub on him and Ari being quiet isn't exactly helping.

"It's fine, just keep driving," she muttered, looking out the window.

The sun had gone down around half an hour ago and although it's still significantly early, since it's Winter, the nights are longer than when it's Summer. It was as if the darkness had fallen veil upon the surrounding and the change in the vicinity is evident now as Ari stare outside. The road is deserted, with only a few cars passing once in a while.

It's far from the City, the place where Ari spent the majority of her childhood. Coincidentally, just a few minute drive from there was also the Orphanage where her foster parents adopted her from. Ari has forgotten about that place, it was just a distant memory at the back of her head now, but as the car continued to sped up the deserted road, her memories started to resurface.

"Are you hungry, Ari? Do you want some apples?"

Ari averted her eyes from the window and looked at Sangwoo, his sudden questions were odd to say the least.

"Huh?"

"What?" Sangwoo asked, blinking his eyes as he looked at Ari for a second before looking back ahead.