40: Ari's Farewell

❝Maybe he's like a wolf that loves the moon so much, 

Maybe he's like a wolf that loves the moon so much, 

it cries every night for the love it will never touch.

❞

When she thought about her life, Ari may have actually lived a good one. At least, she does not regret much of it, including the things she did that branded her soul as a sinner. When she thought how she would want to end it, she realized she might as well end it the way it began.

Water. The water in the womb where one life started. Would also be the water Ari would want to end it.

The water felt cold at first before Ari started to get used to it.

Ah, it's comforting here. She thought as she felt his hands around her neck. He wasn't holding her tightly, he was simply holding her.

She started to count, she really doesn't know which thoughts she wanted to think before everything would go black. So she decided not think anymore. She left her mind as blank as the sheet of paper before she drown it with ink as she wrote that letter.

Ah, my lungs are burning. I can't breathe.

Maybe it was instinct, human nature so to speak, that Ari involuntarily started to thrashed, her body looking for ways to breathe as she started to hold Sangwoo's arm.

If she clawed him or held his arm tightly, Sangwoo would have given in. But Ari did neither, she simply held his arm. Her palm cold and Sangwoo felt it slowly loosen its grip

He could not watch, so for the first time he averted his gaze from the person he is killing.

Ah, I'm losing grip on reality. Ari's thoughts faded away, she thought she heard a faint voice, slowly the voice died down together with the last remaining oxygen she has left to breathe.