12: Endorphins

❝You may be deceived if you trust too much

You may be deceived if you trust too much.

But you will live in torment unless you trust enough.

❞

Sangwoo doesn't understand how Ari can change so quickly. One minute she looks so scared the next she doesn't seem to give a single damn about anything.

Even when Sangwoo started to ravaged her neck with love bites after pushing her on the hallway, Ari wasn't protesting. But she wasn't saying it's fine either. In fact she wasn't doing anything, just letting him do whatever he pleases.

"You're not going to tell me to stop?" Sangwoo said, putting his hands on the wall beside her head, trapping Ari between the wall and his tall frame.

"I told them to stop as well, but they didn't stop. So what makes you different?"

Ari looked down. Of all the places, she didn't expect them to be in there. Ari thought she'd already freed herself from them but it seems she wasn't able to run that far. She remember hearing them begged her to meet with them, every time, every year since she left. And Ari knew they are here to beg again. But they will find no Ari in that small apartment down the street. Because she's here, as odd as it may sound, safe in the den of a murderer.

"Whoever they are, I'm different Ari."

Ari felt a hand on her chin as she was urged to look up. She blinked her eyes and yet nothing changed, just the same old hollowed orbs.

"Oh, you're right. Sangwoo is different from them. They couldn't kill me but you will." Ari paused for a second, before she added, "Right?"

Sangwoo felt all the excitement from earlier slowly vanished as he clenched his jaw. He was so close into taking her right then in that damned hallway had Ari not mentioned something about him killing her, again.