6. Meeting A Fellow Dweller

Viewers Discretion is adviced as this chapter talks about rape, alcohol abuse,depression and murder.
if you are sensitive to this sort of thing don't read this part
enjoy x

"Your Vault Dweller just like i used to be"Andrea spoke,lowering her gun slightly"Dogmeat it's fine go wake up Danse"

Dogmeat gives a playful bark before running off inside the Red Rocket.

"What Vault did you come from?" Nate asked,slowly lowering his hands

"Vault 22 it's now far abandoned i was the only survivor."Andrea acknowledged

"Vault 111 is the same,it's a graveyard now, but also where my wife was killed and my baby was taken."He looked down as he kicks the dirt below his foot

"I'm sorry to hear that, do u know what year it is?" Andrea raised an eyebrow sympathetically

"Last time i checked it was 2077 before i went to the vault to then be cryogenically frozen"

"It's been 200 years Nate, i was cryogenically frozen too i was 27 when i was frozen which makes me 227 years old. it's 2287"Andrea spoke

Danse comes out with his power armour on"what's going on"

Andrea turned towards him" This is Nate he's a vault dweller from Vault 111 in Sanctuary Hills just west from here"

"Who are you?" Nate asked

"Paladin Danse of the Brotherhood of Steel,Knight Andrea's Mentor and friend"Danse coldly announces to the civilian.
They spent the day getting to know Nate when Andrea suggested to go to Diamond City to see Nick Valentine the detective synth who she had rescued from the Vault 114 ran by the now deceased Skinny Malone gang and then did a story for the reporter there known as Piper Wright.

"Let's get you to Nick he'll help you find your son but first you need a gun bc the commonwealth ain't what it used to be radiation is a common thing now,deadly mutated creatures too"She walks away from a brief moment before coming back with a about Laser Rifle an altered version of her Righteous Authority gun as she chucks the weapon at him"and here some Stimpaks your gonna need them"

"thanks , uh shall we start heading to  Diamond City?" Nate asks,loading the rifle

Andrea hops into her own power armour that she left at Red Rocket as they say goodbye to Dogmeat they go on their way.

The road to Diamond City didn't lack in excitement as  Raiders,mole rats,feral ghouls littered it  many  were left for dead as they shot their way through.

It started to grow dark as night time approached they took shelter in the ruins of a house,the three sat around a fire as Andrea cooked some Radstag for them as the two men drank their Nuka Colas whilst the Diamond City Radio played through her Pip-Boy before sitting down beside danse as she hands them plates with the cooked Radstag meat on

"So Nate what did u do before the war?" Andrea asked as she ate

"I served in the U.S Army in the 2nd battalion and the 108th infantry Regiment, now retired though" Nate responded as he ate"what is this?"

"Radstag.. a mutated deer that has two heads" Paladin Danse remarks as he ate too

"Never heard of that before but it's nice"

Soon enough they feel asleep, they all slept peacefully except Andrea who had another nightmare

"get off me!"

"take it! take it you slut!"

there was a time one of my so called "father"  raped me  i begged him to stop but he didn't.  i found out  a month later that he impregnated me, I wanted kids  but not if the father is also my father!

i fell into a deep depression and drank as much  alcohol as i could to just kill the unborn child it was the only way i knew how.

Andrea woke up with cold sweats and bloodshot eyes. Danse was already up  he was sat outside with a purified water in his hand,Nate was still sound asleep occasionally snoring.

Andrea got up and sat beside Danse with her head on his shoulder
"Bad dream?"Danse asked in husky voice

"Same as always,god i need some Buffout right about now but i don't have any left"Andrea sighed"another trip down my past i guess"

"Do you want to talk about?"Danse muttered softly

"uh, well"she took her hand in his and just stared at them"i was uh reliving the moment where my dad raped me uh and how i intoxicated myself  a month into the pregnancy to kill the baby uh at the time it was the only solution i had"

"Look Andrea, that time is long gone,it's a new era and new life it's been 200 years, leave it in past and move on."Dance held onto her hand and kissed the back off it"And look if it makes you feel better,I'll promise you that nothing of that gets repeated and i promise i'll be by your side when no one else is, i love you Andi"

He places a soft kiss against hers before getting up and packing up the sleeping bags

"Hey Vault Boy wake up we're leaving!" Andrea shouted startling Nate as he jumps up.
"Already?,the sun is still rising?"

"We need to get moving if want to get to the Great Green Jewel."Danse spoke getting into his power armour, Andrea doing the same with hers.

"Plus Piper would love to get another interview with a vault dweller.better news than constantly have to worry about the boogeyman of the Commonwealth"Andrea spoke grabbing her Righteous Authority before heading out as they follow closely behind.

The journey was quiet...too quiet..eerie in fact but 'nothing is better than being boots on the ground' As Danse would say.The occasional Bloatflies,Stingwings ans few Yao Guai kept them busy. 

Soon enough Diamond City came into view.