8. Children Of Atom

Andrea woke up with a hangover as she woke up  her tired, squinted, blue eyes were adjusting to the light that  was on.

Danse was still asleep next to her. For the first time in awhile she had a nightmare free sleep,maybe the closure Danse gave her set her nightmares to rest maybe then she could finally move on from her past,create new memories or even forgive her now long deceased abusive father for his mistakes and give him a proper burial, bury his bones but take the necklace that had once belonged to her mother before she passed away.

Danse was slowly waking up as Andrea  felt an arm around her waist  pull her back down with some godly strength as he groaned holding her  close to him "Morning Tin Can"She softly giggles kissing his stubbly cheek

"morning Andrea"he muttered in his husky morning voice as a small smile creeps onto his face as his eyes open to be met with hers as her hand was gently caressing his right cheek as he woke up.
He  held her hand over his cheek for a split second before sitting up,making her roll off him slightly.

Andrea notices a letter on the doormat ,in front of one of the doors , in the corner of her eye  as she raised an eyebrow and walked over to whilst Danse watched her

Andrea squatted down,picked it up and stood back up again and read  the letter in her head and muttered a confused 'Okay?' under her breath

"What  does it say?" Danse asked as he got up and stretched

"Maxson wants to see us about another mission, that's completely irrelevant to destroying the Institute." Andrea spoke,walking over to him as she hands him the note to scan through

"But why would he get a letter sent to us to inform us? and how did he know we were in Diamond City?"Danse asked furrowing his brows when he scanned over the note ,before handing it back to her

Andrea shrugged as she when over to her cooking station and grabbed two tins of cram handing one to Danse as she sat on the edge of the bed"I guess he's always watching like he's  playing the role of God or something"
...

After they arrived on the Prydwen they sighed in almost unison as they took of their helmets and began walking to where Elder Maxson always was and that was  in his little room staring into the void that was the Commonwealth as they walking into the  room Maxson turned to face them. He began to debriefing the pair on their mission before  dismissing them  as they went on their way on a week long mission to get rid of these  radiation maniacs.

This next part was written by a new friend of mine Julia_Danse
because my brain didn't know how to write it lmaooo but she did an OUTSTANDING job tho ngl

Elder Maxson sent them on a mission a few days ago: Finding and eliminating the Children of Atom. What he didn't tell them was that it would contain a lot of traveling. At least they had vertibird support for the whole mission. Their first stop led them to the Glowing Sea; Danse was humming to himself as they overflew the Commonwealth, he seemed at peace with himself. Andrea on the other hand didn't feel too well.

She knew she was safe as long as she had on my power armor, but risking to fall down at this altitude, well let's not find that out... her stomach was twisting and turning, the nerves of her body on high alert and all Andrea could think of was the next shot of Buffout to calm herself down.

Danse saw her shaking hands but didn't say a word, flying just wasn't for everyone. "Are you okay, Andrea?" Danse asked after landing at the edge of the Glowing Sea.

She was heaving for a while but nodded. "Yeah, I'm just not accustomed to flying in a vertibird, ugh.", She answered and pulled a face.

He didn't see it, the radiation here was already at a dangerous level so stepping out of the power armor would be a ghoulifying experience.