Chapter 1: The beginning of the end

AN from MaiMia: We're really too excited for this story- We had like half of Chapter 1 before we even posted the prologue lmao ww
Sleepy Eve is best Eve fight me.
Enjoy reading~ It was fun to write this~

AN from Mikoto: To all people who wanted to see more Senra: sorry www

The sun was slowly setting and the street lights slowly illuminated the city.

Walking through those streets was a blond male, who was clutching a stack of papers and a pen to his chest as he tried his best to avoid walking into any people.

Searching for the familiar coffee shop where he always went to every evening, the blond male spotted in the corner. With a smile, he opened the door and the bell rang lightly as he did so, announcing his arrival.

At this time of the day, most customers had already left, so the café was near empty, but the blond novelist didn't mind as he preferred there be lesser people anyway.

Looking around, the male searched for a place to sit down, settling on sitting at his usual place in the back where he wouldn't be disturbed. He placed the papers in front of him before pulling out his pen.

The waiter had already placed a cup of tea in front of him, knowing what he wanted as he was a regular customer, allowing him to work in peace.

"Excuse me."

Upon hearing his name and being spoken to, the blond male lifted his head, confused, only to find a red-eyed brunette looking at him curiously.

"Are you the famous novelist Sou?" The red eyes seemed nervous, yet there was a hint of excitement within them.

The young novelist hesitantly nodded.

"A-ah, yes... I wouldn't say that I am famous but that's me..." the blond male answered as he scratched his cheek bashfully.

The red eyes of the brunette immediately lit up as their owner smiled brightly.

"Ah, I'm a fan of your works! You really write well!" the brunette complemented before noticing the papers on the table. "Oh, I must be disturbing you! I apologize, but I couldn't help myself when I recognized you!"

Hearing that the brunet in front of him actually read his book made the novelist blush slightly in embarrassment as he gave the other male an assuring smile though.

"A-ah, don't worry about it. You didn't disturb me or anything... I am happy to see that you have read some of my books," he told the other male with a small smile.

"I'm so glad to have met you!" the brunette smiled. "Ah, where are my manners? I'm Kokoro, it's really so nice to meet you!"

"Ah, it is also a pleasure to meet you," Sou said as he bowed slightly.

"If you don't mind me asking, may I get a recommendation of your books?" Kokoro asked excitedly. "I've read a few of them, and I'm not sure on which to start on next."

Kokoro's eyes trailed to his watch, as if checking the time.

"Eh? O-of course. If you have time, do you want to sit down with me? We could talk about some books then and I could give you recommendations, Kokoro-san," Sou suggested as he gestured to the seat in front of him.

"I would love to, but I'm afraid I won't be able to stay for long," Kokoro said apologetically. "My friend is picking me up soon, and he's a fan of you too! Can I introduce you to him? I'm sure he'll love to meet you!"

"Eh? Um..." Sou pondered for a bit thinking if he should accept the brunet's offer.

After all, he seemed nice and also was a fan of his books to the point that he would recognize him. But he still had doubts whether he should go with him or not.