Start A Change

Bright haven’t cry to sleep since the absence of his wisdom teeth.

But last night was an exception.

He didn’t know crying to sleep is so tiring, exhausting even. The next day his body feels heavy and his head aches a little bit. 

“dad! Daddy!” Light enters his parent’s bedroom brightly. He jumps on the big lump in the middle of the bed and wriggles around.

“dad wake up! Papa makes pancakes and fried rice! Wake up! Wake up!” The little boy is making a fuss on top of Bright in the early morning. 

“alright buddy. I’m up, I’m up.”

After freshen himself, Bright is dragged by Light to downstairs in rush.

“Light, slow down! We might trip over the stairs!” Bright is catching up with his fast, energetic son.
No wonder Light won the race.

“come on dad! Breakfast before work. I want to eat breakfast with dad!”

Light said in super demanding tone. Bright can’t help but to feel grateful that at least his son still wants him. Suddenly, as what Bright thought, Light trips over a stair with his short legs and he almost roll down like a snowball down the stairs.

Fortunately, Bright catches Light in his arms, protectively shielding him especially the head. And instead of Light being a snowball, Bright take the downfall.

Bright loses his balance and lay flat on his back, both of them slide down the stairs. Light thought he is riding a bumper car meanwhile Bright hisses out of pain when his head bumps on few stairs. 

“BOYS! WHAT HAPPENED?!”
Win panics out when he sees his husband and son laying on the stairs. 

“THAT WAS FUN! DADDY LET’S DO IT AGAIN!” Light exclaims eagerly but Bright gasps in horror. In tiny movement, Bright shakes his head to Win, asking for help.

“sure honey, now go eat. Papa made chocolate pancakes for you” Win mischievously ignores Bright, ushering Light walks into the dining room to start eating his breakfast.

“are you okay?” Win asks as soon as Bright stands up.

“yeah, I’m fine.” Trying to act cool, but Bright’s coolness ends in a matter of time when his head is throbbing in pain double times now. He pats the back of his head where it hurts.

“really? Aren’t you hurt?” Win replaces Bright’s hand with his. A sudden rush of shyness creeps into Bright when he feels how gentle Win is caressing his head to soothe the pain. They are standing close to each other that Bright cannot take off his round black eyes from Win’s beautiful small face.

“c-careful n-next time. You are supposed to control Light not the other way round.” Win stutters when he realizes Bright is checking him out. Red crimson spread all over his face, blushing. 

Bright who witnesses this, grins to himself from ear to ear. Win is still affected to him as much as he affected to Win. That’s a good sign.

“Aren’t you going to work today?” Win asks Bright as he serves a plate of Bright’s favorite beef fried rice. This is the first breakfast the family is having together in almost 2years.

“I do. I’m thinking of dropping Light to school first before going to work, well except I have to attend any urgent meetings in early morning”

Bright say carefully. He doesn’t want to neither ruin the lovely mood or to upset his babies.

Win just hums and nods. The room would be full of morning silence but thanks to Light, the savior. He talks a lot about everything to Bright.

Light is telling story to Bright with precise details like a great story teller he is. Bright is thankful for Light’s friendliness and kindness as Bright feels like he is catching up his son’s recent life. Both of them talk and laugh about whatever story is being told.

Win on the other hand is observing his lover and son. He sits there in silence as he knows this is one of the rare times both Bright and Light are actually talking to each other, spending time together. His only son is truly happy as he passionately telling stories to his daddy non-stop, spitting his chewed pancakes.

Win looks over at his husband, the big man is kind of stunned by his son’s stories. Bright’s huge eyes are blinking, he nods his head every now and then to whatever question Light is asking. Bright is really trying hard to understand Light’s stories, to remember all of them.

The scene folds in front of Win warms his heart. Win almost forgot how close is Light to his daddy. Whenever Win left both of them alone, it is like they are in their own world.

The little boy is calling for attention, and the big boy is giving him all the attention.

I miss this.
whispers Win to himself.