Idol! Papyrus x Idol! Reader (part 4)

Here's part 4, as requested by my friend @undertalefan2004!! Thanks for all the support, guys, I hope you enjoy!! ♡♡♡

The album was released with some controversies attached. It was surprising, to say the least; you had never experienced anything like that when you released yours. Rumors and theories had floated around that you were in a relationship with one of the members.

You weren't, you tried to make that clear whenever you were confronted by the media. But something about saying it aloud made your heart sink. It would harm their reputation greatly if one of the members was dating someone. It almost felt forbidden by the way the news emphasized it. 

You had not had the chance to discuss this problem with the boys yet. Not only were they busy with their own problems, but you were trying to juggle yours. With personal life and upcoming fame, the pressure was unsettling. Every time you turned on the television or radio to wind down, your name would be chanted by some newscaster, leaking absurd and irrelevant gossip. 

Not all feedback of the album was bad. You began receiving fan-mail praising your work, as well as packages from wealthy companies giving you high quality merchandise.  It was a tad exhilarating each time you got something in mail or a message on social media. The attention was an even split; unfortunately, the bad fogged up the good. It was difficult to focus on the positives when the negative was so harsh and strong.

Embarrassing as it was to admit, you yearned for the band to contact you. You could imagine their unique and effective ways at comforting. Sans would likely joke around and make you laugh, Napstablook would deeply sympathize, and Mettaton would cradle you in a friendly hug. Papyrus would plant kisses on your forehead and wipe your tears--

The summer heat in your apartment had you imagining things. You snapped out of your daze, sweat trailing down your face. "I need to turn on the fan." You muttered, getting up from your seat. A blast of cool air hit you, making you sigh. 

Another issue, this one more personal; the apartment you lived in had a broken air conditioner. "Why am I leaving in this cheapskate, anyway?" You said quietly. "I'm a celebrity now."

The fan would have to do, for now. You staggered on your legs, weak from the heat. All you could do was sit on your couch today. Nothing seemed possible in this scorching weather. You played on your phone, scrolling mindlessly through apps and getting hit instantly with loads of lies. Being a celebrity was a fraught ideal, even more than you had pictured.

"A SCANDAL BETWEEN BOY BAND RVA AND INDEPENDENT ARTIST Y/N"

"Ughh." You hung your head back. When would it end...?

The notification ping from your phone alarmed you. You had a notification on Instagram, telling you that you were tagged in a post. 

Wha... The account was Papyrus's. Huh-?

There was a cute, slightly blurry picture of the skeleton smiling. It must have been taken off of a flip phone, or something of the sort. He wasn't showing his teeth, and his eyebrows arched in a way that made him look embarrassed.

His surroundings were bright and sunny, and it looked as though he took the selfie while jumping on a trampoline... though that may not have been the case.

The caption read as follows; "REGARDING ALL THE RUMORS FLYING AROUND ABOUT RVA AND @Y/N, HER AND I ARE ACTUALLY IN A RELATIONSHIP!! PLEASE STOP BOTHERING HER, THANKS!! ♡♡♡"

You screamed in confusion. What was that?? You reread the post about a million times, debating whether or not you should comment.

You settled on liking the picture. As soon as that little red heart lit up, Papyrus called you. "Y-Y/N?" He stammered, voice breaking and husky through the receiver.

"Papyrus??" You were concerned. He sounded like he was crying. "Are you okay??"

"Y- WELL, AH, I DON'T KNOW, UHM..." He giggled nervously. "THANK YOU FOR... ANSWERING MY CALL. I-I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ANSWERING YOURS, IT--"

"I understand," You coaxed. "It's been busy, I get it."

"... YES."

"Were you crying? Did something happen?"

"NO, I... I WAS NOT CRYING, I..."

He paused, swallowing roughly.

You waited patiently.

"REMEMBER WHEN YOU KISSED ME...?"

Ohhh shoot. What a second. Somehow, that had completely escaped your memory. Did you lead him on? Or, was that what you wanted? Things were fuzzy.

"Y-yes, I remember..."

"COULD YOU... DO IT AGAIN-?"

Your jaw dropped, choppy replies bubbling from your mouth. "A-a-again-??" You managed.

"MHM." Papyrus giggled, and this time it was more certain. "AND COULD I KISS YOU AGAIN?"

"But-- but Papyrus, the RVA..."

"I KNOW THE BAND WILL HAVE TO FACE CONSEQUENCES, BUT I'M STRONG!!" He declared, "AND I'M WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK, JUST FOR YOU!!"

It was so sweet, so adorable, you almost squealed right then and there. "Are the others okay with it-??"

"THEY ARE VERY SUPPORTIVE, YES! ALMOST... TOO SUPPORTIVE..." He added quietly, and you laughed.

"Yes. Yes, I'd love to kiss you again, and again and again and again!"

"REALLY!?!?"

"Really!!"

He thanked you sincerely, and began gushing wildly. You could picture him sitting at the table, clutching his phone and swinging his legs.

Suddenly, being a celebrity didn't seem so bad.