Chapter 22

I read every department head's report to me about our project because of the companies that would like to merge with us.

I checked the time and it's 6:07 PM. Today's Monday and Patricia's last schedule is 6-7 PM. It's kinda early to leave but I finished everything so I better leave to fetch her by surprise.

Luckily, I arrived 6:17. I roamed aroun thw university again and went to the gym. How I wish I finished college here. At least, I was once a part of it.

As I roamed around, I saw someone sitting under the basketball ring. She's the only person I know that's in here and of course me.

She's wearing the uniform of the cheer dancers of the schools. Her hair is tied like a donut. Her head is napped on her knee and which I conclude that she is crying ang hugs her kner.

The more I get closer, I can familliarize who she is. She's "Patricia?" I knelt and held her hand. Her hand is shaking and I can hear that she is crying.

She continued crying until she looked at me and removed her hand from her knees. I looked at her, of course, and she looks really depressed. I dont want to ask what happened because I know her. She doesnt like talking about her fresh problem, like this.

But then, I suddenly saw her knees, I can say that it is really from operation.

"Patricia, does it hurt?" I asked and slowly carried her like a bride-- just like what we used to do before.

I'm nervous because maybe it is fractured again.

She held my neck as I carry her and rested her head on my chest. She is still crying. I dont know what to do.

"Do you want me to bring you to the hospital? Does your knee hurt?" I asked with worry and quickly walked.

Fvck! She's still crying. A lot of people are looking at us and I dont care I just want my girl to be safe.

I finally brought her to my Audi's front seat. I quickly went inside and gave her water. She then, calmed down and started to wipe her face.

I ask her, "What happened?" She just smiled, "Nothing." I'm really not used to the new Patricia. Damn! The more I see her change a bit is the more regret I can feel for leaving her.

"Please, Pat, tell me what is wrong." I pleased her and looked at her deeply. "Don't give me that look, Gian." She suddenly said.

"Look, it's just that I miss dancing and a while ago  I joined them practice but they pushed me away, literally." I felt so angry because of what they did.

"Sh*t! Then you just let them?!"

"I can't defend myself. I'm too weak. Besides, it's my fault." She said smiling. Wtf? How can she manage to smile?!

"Who are they?" I asked almost shouting. "Nevermind them. They're the new set of dancers. I was just watching them then I tried dancing with them."

And there it is, my guilt because she cant dance because I know it is likely my fault.

"To make you feel better, do you want to dance with me?" I asked and started the engine. She burst out laughing. "As if naman na may oras ka sumayaw. Eh CEO ka nga ngayon eh."

"I can always have time for my girl." I said.

She silenced after I said that. Maybe there is something wrong with what I said?

"Sorry. I shouldn't have said that." Sabi ko na lang. "What?" She asked. "The one I said earlier."

"That's okay. I was once your girl anyway." She replied.  I dont want to talk back because I felt so broken with what she said.

"By the way, why were you there  a while ago?" She asked. "I'm going to fetch you but I felt like going to the gym then there you are."

Ngumiti na lang siya at tumango tango. Hinatid ko na siya sa bahay nila at pinagpahinga na siya dahil sa tuhod niyang sumakit. Binuhat ko padin siya hanggang sa kwarto niya dahil I doubt kung bubuhatin siya ni Ate Kris. No offense ate!

"OMG! Papa Gian! You are actually here!" Ate Kris exclaimed so loud.

I just smiled at her walked towards Pat's room. When I made her sit on her bed, she stopped crying.

"You have to change. I'll just go see what can I cool for you to eat." I smiled. "Sure."

"Ate, anong pwedeng mailuto para kay Pat?"

"Tintin ka sa ref  Papa Gian. May ready to cook pancake doon." Sabi niya. Pat's really weirr when it comes to her food. She eats breakfast foods all throughout the day.

I cooked 3  pancakes and applied Nutella on top of it. She likes it that way and I'm sure of that.

"Okay ka na ba?" Tanong ko. "Yeah." Sagot niya. Sinubua  ko na siya habang nanonood kami ng White House Down. Well, Channing Tatum is there so I expect the movie to bw finished by her.

"Akalain mo yun? Matanda na siya pero ang hot niya padin." I was shocked. "Well, he's an artist that's why he maintains it for money." I answered bitterly.

"Hmm.. Basta basta. Parehas nga kayo ng katawan eh."

"But I'm hotter."

"Hmm."

After that she slept already and I went home and slept too.