Want to watch Pretty Little Liars?

• Dedicated to My girlfriend, Morgan

        It took April and I almost two hours to get all the books on the shelf. So when we got into the car, it was almost 6pm and I knew our parents would ask where we went. They are going to be fuming! Neither of us had checked our phones for calls or messages; we had them in our bags. So as soon as we were free we ran to the car and I tried to speed as much as I could without going over the limits. Safety first.

        April was drumming her fingers in her lap and she couldn’t keep still. She looked at me with an impatience look and said, “C’mon Izzy, they are going to kill us. Could you please hurry up?”

        “Sorry pup, I can’t. Safety first, and you know it.”

        “Why bother with the safety if we are going to get killed as soon as our parents see us?” She couldn’t stop moving her leg up and down and it was driving me insane.

        I pointed to her leg. “Stop doing that pup, you are making me nervous!” She took a glance at it and started moving it faster.

        I groaned and placed my hand on her knee, preventing her from moving that leg. “Seriously April, don’t get so nervous, it’s going to be okay.” I turned the car on to our street and I could see my house from there. “See pup? We are almost there.”

        When I reached my house I parked the car and April hurried to get our bags. “Thank God! If I ride on a turtle I would come home faster than with you.”

        I pushed her shoulder playfully and took my bag from her hand. “Shut up and go home now.”

        She kissed my cheek and turned around starting to walk to her house. April lived three houses away from mine, and that’s how we met. She was new in town that summer and my mom forced me to be friends with my new neighbor. To this day I’m so thankful my mom asked me to go talk with April. I wouldn’t be the same without her.

        I shouted at her before she could cross the street. “If we die today I want you to know that I was the one who ate your sandwich last week and I love you!”

        I could see April starting to walk back to where I was and I quickly ran inside the house, closing the door behind me. I shouldn’t have told her that. April never liked when people touched her food, specially her sandwich. She could kill you for it. And I’m sure she won’t forget about this by tomorrow morning. Oh man, she is going to kill me.

       I sighed and started walking upstairs, but the voice from my mom called me back, “Isabella, come here right now!”

        Damn. I turned around I walked to the kitchen, where my mom’s voice came from. She was sitting on a chair sipping on her tea. “Yes mom?”

        “Where were you?” She said with calm.

        “In school mom.. where else am I going to be?”  I laughed nervously.

        She looked at me and pointed to the chair next to hers so I would sit. I sighed and walked to the chair, reluctantly taking a seat. “You got detention didn’t you, Isabella?”

        I smiled at her. “Of course not, mom. April and I decided to stay behind and help the teach-“

        “Don’t lie Isabella, I called your school. You didn’t answer your phone for two hours, neither April did.”

        I looked down, pretending to be ashamed of myself. That always works with my mom. “I’m sorry mom, I didn’t mean to worry you. And I promise I didn’t do anything as bad as the secretary probably told you.”