Hormones

• Dedicated to My girlfriend, Morgan

        The next morning I woke up at the sound of my alarm going off. April was still sleeping in the same position she was when I fell asleep last night, but her grip on my waist was tighter, which made it harder for me to reach from across the bed to turn off the alarm. I tried to move on my side, facing April but I still couldn’t reach it and I knew it wouldn’t be long until one of my parents would storm into my room to turn it off by themselves.

        I rolled April so she was laying on her back and I straddled her waist carefully, making sure not to wake her up. Not that she would even open an eye if I scream in her ear, seeing how the alarm has been going off for about 3 minutes now and she didn’t even move, if you don’t take in count me pushing her to lay on her back.

        I finally pushed the bottom to turn off the alarm and sighed in relief while closing my eyes. I thought my parents would reach it before I could.

        I opened my eyes quickly when I felt two arms wrap around my waist and pull me down, closer to her. Considering the position I was in, I ended up laying in top of her with my head on her chest and I could feel my chin touching her boobs. My face immediately turned red in embarrassment and I tried to get up and lay on my side but her grip on me only tightened. I took a glance up at her and she was in a deep sleep, but a little smile was on her lips. What is she dreaming about?.

        I tried again, this time harder, to get out of her grip but she wouldn’t even budge. She is stronger than I thought, I wonder if she could carry me in her arms. I quickly shook my head, hating myself for thinking like that. What kind of person asks herself that? The same kind of person that got “angry” when your best friend’s boyfriend called her. I groaned, frustrated with my own conscious and tried to roll over so I could get off of April, but that wasn’t the best idea. I did end up laying on my back, but this time April was laying on top of me with her arms still wrapped around my waist. Isn’t she ever going to let me go?.

        I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm down but it didn’t work at all. I was still freaking out on the inside, and it wasn’t because April was laying on top of me, it was because somehow that made me feel different and that freak me out. I couldn’t understand what this feeling means, much less control it, and that made the whole situation a whole worse. Maybe I’m about to get my period and I’m getting kinda sensitive? Yeah, it’s just that. I tried to convince myself that it was just my stupid hormones that were making me feel like this. Everything is going to get back to normal in a week, after my period comes and goes.

        I opened my eyes again, feeling somehow better and I glanced at the clock again. 7:12 am. Fuck, we only have 20 minutes to get ready. I looked down at April, thinking about how to wake her up. She was a really heavy sleeper, so every morning was a challenge with her if you try to wake her up. But I didn’t really want to wake her up. She was so warm and smelt like vanilla, like some giant cozy teddy bear, but much better. All I wanted to do was wrap my arms around her and pretend I didn’t hear the alarm so we could stay here watching movies and cuddling all day long, but I knew she would get so mad at me if I don’t wake her up and she misses a day in school. She could get very mad for a little nerd. Luckily for me, I remembered last night and I smiled at my idea to wake her up.

        I slowly slipped my hands under her shirt to her sides and started tickling her. She slightly moved around over me but didn’t wake up, so I tickled her more. It took only a few seconds until she left out a muffled little laugh against my chest and I knew she was awake but I continued tickling her anyway.

        She talked in a husky sleepy voice that I wish I could have in the morning, “Izzy, stop. I wanna sleep.”

        I chuckled. “Sorry pup, no can do, we only have like fifteen minutes to get ready.”