Chapter 9- Alone

It's been 8 days since the attack and eventual death of Emily. We've haven't talked much about it yet but Adam seems more distant than normal. The fact he killed his own sister must be weighing him down. I haven't gained to the courage to openly talk about our feelings because I'm afraid it will never be the right time.

We went from having steamy, passionate secs everyday to my 😸 being so dry like the sahara from the lack of c0ck. He is now so cold, he leaves the apartment whenever he can, just to avoid his problems, but I need my fiance and I miss him deeply. I love him but now I just don't even now if he loves me, he had to kill his own sister for me, and I felt like I have ruined his life. I'm so lost. I spend my days sitting alone in my apartment, drinking my pain away, and crying until my eyes are bloodshot. As much as I try not to admit it, I am somewhat angry towards Adam. After all, I am pregnant with his baby and we are now engaged. I wonder how he could even leave me like this.

I hear the door open abruptly, causing me to jump a little, but I peered out the bedroom door to see Adam looking as sad as ever. I see him with a charcoochierie board with cheeses and fine meats and 4 bottles of cheap wine. As usual, he doesn't speak and glances at me with a blank stare. He looks empty but I can't lose him, I love him too much to just give up on him. I analyze him. His hair was a mess and his eyes were heavy with dark circles. He looked like shit to say the least.

I finally managed to find the courage to talk to him.

"Adam?" you ask, while staring at him directly

He looks at you for a moment. He really did look empty. "Yes, Y/N?"

"I'm tired of this, Adam. I understand the pain you must be going through but we have a baby on the way and this isn't healthy for any of us. I need you to be there for her and for me as well. Spending your days drinking doesn't solve any of this, just please talk to me, I need you, I love you."

"Y/N? I'm not sure I'm ready for this anymore. I love you, but I can't do this. It isn't fair to me or you. Give me time, please."

"Please leave, Adam." you say, completely heartbroken.

It doesn't seem like he expected you to kick him out. But you knew what you had to do. As much as you love Adam, you need time from him.

"Y/N..." Adam says, "Are we over?"
"I don't know. I need time from everything, just like you said you do too." You say as tears stream down your face.

Adam leaves you there, alone.