Chapter 8

Quinn's POV  

I stomp down the hall and into the living room to where the hand held landline is. I quickly dial Santana's number. 

"I need to come over." 

"Whoa slow down." Santana huffs and I take a quick deep breath. 

"I need to come over. It's not good Santana." 

"Is it Rachel? I'm gonna kick that troll's..." 

"Yes but you aren't going to lay a finger on her." 

"Fine." I know she is rolling her eyes at me. "I'll call Britts. When will you be here?" 

"10 minutes or less." I state and make my way to the front door. 

"Bye." She says sarcastically. "Wait." 

"What." I bite my bottom lip to try and not think about Rachel. 

"Why are you calling me on your house phone." I place my hand over my temple. 

"I smashed it a few days ago. It was like half  an hour before I found out she kissed Jesse." His name burns me like her name burns me now.  

"Oop guess you are going to have to buy a new one." She cackles and it makes me feel even more stupid. I already feel stupid for letting Jesse do that to Rachel but I guess it was inevitable. 

"I'm hanging up now." Before she can reply I press the button and set the clunky phone down on the small table near door. When I walked out the front door I saw Rachel sitting on the edge of the steps, waiting for me, maybe.  

"Your still here." She spins her head at me, her eyes red and full of tears. "Why are you still here Rach?" 

"Because I am in love with you." She whimpers out and I sit next to her on the step. 

"Were you being serious?" She scoots a little closer and I cringe as I scoot away. "Do you really want to stay friends with..." I am having trouble pushing his name through my teeth. I start again but it doesn't matter his name is stuck in me, it doesn't want to break through my teeth. I know if I say his name I will erupt in tears. "Jesse?" I whisper and the tears slowly slip down my cheek. 

"Quinn I want you." Rachel reaches for my hand and I quickly move it away. "Please." 

"I asked you a question." I wipe my eyes swiftly with my fingers. The wetness stains my fingers and I brush them off on my dress. 

"He could really help my career." Rachel admits and looks down at her shoes, I love it when she does that. It's like she is nervous and doesn't want to see my face for my reaction. 

"Your a junior in high school." 

"I've known what I have wanted since I was 4." Rachel shakes her head at me. 

"That's why I am not going to hold you down your whole life. I love you too much to let you waste your voice. You deserve to go to New York to be on Broadway." 

"Do not make this about my future. We are talking about now and what I want now." 

"You want Jesse." I slam my hands on my knees and eye the crying girl next to me. 

"I want you more." She quietly screams. 

"So you do have a crush on him." I shake my head and turn away from her, the tears are flowing faster now. 

"No I want him as a friend." Rachel places a hand on the back of my neck and makes me face her. Her touch burns like everything else she does but I miss her touch so much I allow it. I glare down into her chocolate eyes, the eyes I fell in love with. 

"I've never been loved someone like I love you, I've actually never been in love before." I scoff. 

"I feel exactly the same way can't you see that." Rachel puts her small hands on my arm and brings herself closer to me. "We can start over, we both fought over Finn and we made it out of that together. Can't we do this together, please Love." She pleads and her eyes grow softer. 

"I don't think I can be with you if I know Jesse is going to be around." I rip my arm out of her hands and stand up. "I have to go I am going to Santana's house." I start to walk away not even offering to drive her home. Like always I hear quickening footsteps behind me. I spin around and face the running girl. "You need to stop chasing after me..." Her lips connect with mine and I can't bring myself to push her off of me. Our mouths quickly move against on another as I bring my hands down her back and to her waist to pull her body on mine. She stands on her toes as her small fingers explore my hair. It almost feels like we are eating each other, her tongue plunges into my mouth and I hold back a moan. Her tongue swirls around my mouth touching every inch it can then she finally breaks away from me. 

"I want you." Is all she can utter. I am left flustered as usual, my face is probably as red as an apple. 

"I want you too." She smiles but I keep a straight face. "But only if you stay the hell away from him." 

"Are you asking me to choose between you and Jesse?" She does one of the classic Rachel faces, confusion and anger combine to create a weird scowl she wears all the time. 

"Precisely." I step away from the small girl and make my way over to my car. 

"It's not a choice." She screeches and follows me to the drivers side of my car. 

"Well I don't want to be with you if I know he is going to be right around the corner trying to scoop you up every chance he has." I go to open the door but she places a hand on the door so I am not able to open it. 

"We fucking talked about this." I am surprised by her choice of words. "He said he would back off of me." 

"I told you to leave me alone but you were persistent and then we fell in love." I raise my eyebrow. 

"It's different." Rachel looks down at her shoes again. 

"It's really not Rach. I want to be with you I truly do but I am so mad at you I can barely think or see straight. I know what I want, that's you and only you for the rest of my life but Jesse feels the same way about you." Rachel looks deep in thought but is quickly pulled out. 

"Then marry me Lucy Quinn Fabray." I turn to her with my jaw dangling on the floor. "Marry me." She whispers.  

"You don't have a ring." I have a ring though. 

"We can get one." She takes my hand in hers. "I want you." She stomps her little foot. All I want to do is say yes and jump in her arms but I am hesitant.  

"I have to go somewhere." I turn away and go to open the door but she stops me again. 

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you Quinn." 

"You don't understand." I scream. "I bought a ring and I made a whole plan to ask you. I had everything figured out." A tear deceives her and falls down her cheek. She just glares up at me as I continue my rant. "I had everything, everything figured out but then Jesse came back. That Monday he came to 'consult,'" I use air quotes. "the glee club is the day Puck and I got the ring. I thought I could see past this Jesse thing." I place my hand on my heart. "I really did because I love you and all you need in life is love. That's what I thought for a long time, up until the moment Puck told me what you did. So no I am not going to marry no matter how much I want to."  

"You were going to ask me to marry you?" I nod. "Then don't do this." Her lip quivers. 

"Do what? Live a life without you even though I don't want to." 

"You keep saying that. Saying you don't want to be without me but you always contradict yourself, the truth." She looks up at me with her big brown eyes. They pierce my soul and I almost kiss her but I hold back. 

"You hurt me really bad." 

"I'm selfish, I know. But don't do this."  

"Do what?" I repeat and yell. 

"Officially break up with me. Your never going to stop loving me Quinn. And I am never going to stop loving you." I fold my arms and lean against my car. 

"I know. If it's meant to be we will find each other but right now I have to go meet my friends. Maybe you should go hang out with Puck, he misses you." Rachel stands there in awe as I get into my car and drive off. I look into my rear view mirror and see her standing in my driveway watching as my car leave her behind. I turn around and stop in front of my house. I roll the window down as she approaches me.