Chapter 5

Rachel's POV 

Quinn sits in the front row after snapping at me. She said she would let me be friends with Jesse I don't understand my woman, she is kind of a mess. I am kind of a mess, we are a mess together. I stare at the back of Quinn's head while she has an angry party all by herself. I start laughing hysterically. Why is she mad though Jesse is here to help us as a team. Once Quinn hears me laughing she shakes her head, she is telling me to shut up but I can't. Finn dismisses Jesse saying he is trying to sabotage us, which is not true at all. Mr. Schue wants to keep in tradition and do a group number and duet. 

"Rachel and I should do a duet." Finn points to me and I nod my head.  "We killed it last year at regionals with Faithfully."  

"Yeah killed us we lost." Quinn finally speaks up, if she could see me I would be rolling my eyes. Finn and I have proven harmonies so I think it is an amazing idea to do a duet. Jesse agreed that I should sing lead, I gave him a big smile, but he said Finn shouldn't sing with me.  And then he proceeded to insult Finn, I laughed again but tried to hide it with a quick cough. Jesse explained that we need to use our best performer, me obviously, to sing and then build the routine off of that person. Jesse winked at me when he said that, I turned and looked down at Quinn she is still pissed. So is the rest of the glee club for that matter. Mercedes, Kurt and Santana think they are the best performer so we are going to have an audition on Friday to determine the best performer. Which is me but I will do it just to prove to these people I am better. The rest of glee club Jesse talked about good techniques to use for Nationals, I listened intently while everyone else zoned him out. Which isn't a wise choice if we want to win.   

Once glee club ended I approached Jesse. He smiled that charming smile of his. 

"You are a shoe-in for the best performer Rachel." Jesse leaned in. "I have on good authority you will be the chosen one." 

"Why thank you, I have a few ideas for the song I am going to sing. Maybe we can rehearse together." Jesse starts talking but I am not paying attention at all. Just to the right of us Quinn and Noah are talking. 

"We still going to the mall momma?" Noah asks Quinn. Since when do they hang out and since when does Noah call my girl momma? Quinn cocks her head to one side. 

"I forgot about that once I got to glee club but sure we can go anyway." Quinn responds and Noah holds out his arm for Quinn to loop hers through. I watch as they walk out of the room together.

"Rachel." Jesse snaps in my face. "Did you hear anything I just said?" His blue grey eyes stare intently at me. 

"No sorry I was thinking about Quinn." I admit. 

"Okay..." Jesse deadpans. "Well I said we are going to need this whole week to practice for the performance on Friday. I will be at your house everyday after glee club to work on your song with you." Jesse states. 

"What about my girlfriend?" 

"Don't you think she would want you doing the best you could at an opportunity like this." Jesse nods his head and gives me a snooty smile. 

"Yeah you are right, lets just go practice." Jesse leads us to his Range Rover. I climbed up into the big car and settled into the seat. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and take it out. I smile when I realize the sender is my favorite person. 

From: Quinn
To: Rachel 
Sorry for how I acted today. I was out of line. Can you meet in a couple of hours to go out to eat or something. :) xx 

From: Rachel 
To: Quinn  
I am hanging out with Jesse today maybe some other time Love. Love you. xx 

I wait for a response but never get one. She is mad at me for hanging out with Jesse.