Chapter 8

I wake up to a constant pounding in my head. Hang Over fúck, I thought. I haven't had one in a long time. The pounding kept coming, it hurt to think.

I walked over to the medicine cabinet and grabbed some aspirin and to the kitchen and grabbed some orange juice. I went back to the living room to give Kristen some aspirin, but she wasn't there.

I called out her name and searched the house for her and didn't find her. I looked outside and saw her car gone. I planned to call her to make sure she got home safely. I looked back down at the job ad.

The address was 4721 Elmer street. I washed up and put on some clothes and headed out. Off to the next place in search of a job.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

I had been driving for thirty minutes, I had passed through the city and on to the outskirts of the city. People had money if they could live out here.

I approached a mansion, it was massive. I got my car and looked around, "wow" I breathed. I was amazed by the neatly cut grass and the fresh breeze that blew by making everything seem as if I was in a dream.

"And who are you?" A woman with blonde hair stood at the door of the mansion. I held up the newspaper, "Umm I saw your ad in the paper and I was wondering-"

"Come inside" the woman snapped. ge'ez what's her problem. I followed after her entering the mansion. The inside was beautiful, a large chandler with white crystals hung from the ceiling. We stood in the foyer with two stair cases that lead upstairs.The walls were painted a cream color making the home feel cozy.

"Are you done?" She hissed. Her arms where crossed and she stood in disturbance,"Oh sorry, umm lead the way," I mumbled she rolls her eyes, "follow me,"she leads us to a study room downstairs.

She sits behind a desk and motion for me to take a seat. She pulls out a notebook and pen. She writes down a few things and begins to ask questions.

"What is your name?"

"Ariana Claiborne"

"Age?"

"Twenty five"

"Previous job"

"A bank"

"And why are you not currently working there?"

"Ummm", I stuttered with my words "I q-quit"

The lady stares at me. She closes her notebook and looks at me, "Ms. Claiborne you better be glad we were running low on staff here."

I got the job, joy ran through my veins. I grabbed the lady hand and shook it vigorously " you won't regret this ms.-"

"Young" she answered. "Ms. young you won't regret this." She take her hand away and hands me a stack of papers. "These papers tell you how much you will be paid and the hours you will be working. It also talks about the policy. Also addresses how you address people."

She hands me a cream dress."You're going to have to start wearing that now and let me show you to your room." She leads me out and up the left staircase. We walk down a long hallway with pictures of a people I didn't know.

We stop at a door and she digs in her pocket for the keys. My eyes gazes upon one of the photos. The photo was of Ms. young and a man.

"Ahem" I turn around and send ms. young a sorry smile. We walk into the room and everything is white, the bed, dresser, and walls.

"This is your room, design it how you like."I look around and see a balcony that over looked the city. "Wow, I get my own room." ms. young chuckles. I look at her confused, what is she laughing at.

"What do expect, your a maid", she continues to chuckle and leaves me alone in my new room. I stood in shock.

I pull out my phone and ring up Kristen. "Hello" she croaked. "I got the job." I blurted. "That's amazing, so what did they say" she chirped, "Well they gave me a room"

"Really that's cool, why did they do that" she squealed with excitement.
"I don't know, maybe because I'm a maid."

**************************
Picture of ms. young at the top

Hope you enjoyed the chapter
Tell me what you thought
Comment and vote

-cancer_the_crab