Chapter 9

"No that can't be," she murmured. "No, I'm a maid alright" I grabbed the newspaper and looked at the ad.

"It's say help make are wedding better, have it made and come be our maid." I growled. I couldn't believe that I was going to have to clean up after people and serve people who think I'm lower than them.

"You can't be mad at me,"she squeaks, "I was drunk." I groan in anger, I'm a maid great just great. "hey" she cooed. "Look at it like this your getting paid good money, you don't have to worry about were to live now, and when you have enough money you could leave. Lets call it a temporary job."

I paced back and forth, she's right it's just a temporary job that's not so bad. There was a knock at my door. "I have to go, I'll call you later." I hang up the phone and open the door.

A woman who was older than me stood at my door."Are you ms. Claiborne?" The lady asked. She wore a cream dress, and had red hair that was up into a bun. I shake my head, she smiles and takes my hand and shakes it. "I'm mrs. Perkins"

I smile back,"Nice to meet you, I'm new here." She chuckles, "I know honey, I'm here to show you around." she had a thick country girl accent.

"I'll just put my dress on." I pick up the cream dress and head to the bathroom to put it on. I look at how the dress fits me. It was a little short, but it fit me well. I walk out the bathroom and showed mrs. Perkins. She examines the dress. "It fit you well," she chuckles "a little too well, but never mind that lets show you around."

She takes me around and shows me the rooms. There was a home theater room, an indoor and outdoor pool, a large garden, and many more rooms. She showed me the kitchen, it had white marble countertops to help highlight the dark brown cabinets.

We walked back to the foyer."Mrs. Perkins that was an amazing tour you gave me." She giggles "Oh honey, call me rose,"she gushed. I sit down on one of the couches that sat in the front. "How bout I go get us some lemonade, does that sound good to you?" I nod my head yes, and rose skipped off to the kitchen.

I lay my head back and look up at the chandelier that hung from the ceiling. "See something interesting." a husky voice spoke, making me jump up. "Oh, I'm just admiring the chandelier."

I gaze up at the man. He had brown hair that was kinda messy that made him look a little boyish. I notice that I was staring,"Uh, hi my name is Ariana Claiborne I'm the new maid."

He smiles,"Rowland Price, It's nice to meet you." I glimpse at his arm, it had a large tattoo on it. I wasn't a big fan of tattoos after the bar incident, but the look of his was different and mysterious. I look closer and see a scar above his tattoo.

Ms. Young squeal broke my thoughts. "Sweetie!" She cheered and jumped up into Rowland's arms. "Ella" he mimicked.

What the hell is going on. Ella rubs her nose up against Rowland's. Then it finally clicked, the man in the photo was Rowland. Rose walks in with our lemonade. "Good evening ms. young and mr. price we just finished our tour of the house."

Ella smiled, "That's good why don't you guys get dinner ready." Rose hands me my glass and leads me to the kitchen. "What was with the lovey dovey stuff."

Rose giggles "There getting married, what do you expect." I felt a little slow, the signs were right in front of me. I look back and see Ella looking back at me scowling at me.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Picture of rose

What do you think
Hope you enjoyed comment,vote, and spread the word

Cancer_the_crab