★ 9 : crush ★

A crush meant nothing to Virgil.

He's had plenty of crushes but they faded away and nothing happened.

A crush was nothing.

He would get over it soon.

After Roman told him he didn't want Virgil to lose interest in him, Virgil said that wouldn't happen. That Roman thought Virgil was too cool for him, but without the fame, Roman would be the popular one and Virgil would fade into the background.

However, Roman straight up told him no.

"No. I'd still be friends with you. It would just take longer because I didn't know about you beforehand."

Roman said he loved how real Virgil was. Virgil didn't say it out loud, but he thought the same thing of his new friend.

As soon as he dropped Roman off back at his building, he went home. He would have told Patton, but Patton's schedule was really messy since he still went to college despite already having a job. When Patton's family was in financial despair, Virgil recommended him to his company and Patton magically had a well paying job. It was the least he could do to repay Patton for everything done for him.

However, Patton still wanted a degree so he took his classes on days he didn't work. And since he could choose his projects, he could also have a normal schedule sometimes if he wanted to.

Meanwhile, Virgil didn't go to college. He already had a path and balancing being a college student and singer would be too much, especially with the touring. But there was always the voice in the back of his head asking what he would do if everything went downhill for him. Patton always pushed that possibility away if Virgil worried about it.

Virgil texted Patton so Patton could see it after whatever he was doing.

pat: Just took an exam aaa I hope I did okay

Virgil: good luckk you probably did fine

pat: Ehh

pat: Also I'm coming over but I'm exhausted and I need food. Order pizza pls?

Virgil: ofc, the usual?

pat: Yup!! 💙💙💙

~~~

Half the pizza was pepperoni and half was veggie pizza since Patton was a vegetarian.

"I actually think I did okay. I had to get tutored, though, since I needed to catch up on all the material really fast," Patton explained.

"Was it like, pretty easy?" Virgil asked.

"Sorta. I got a little lost but I survived," the other giggled. "That's enough about the annoying exam. What's been stressing you out?"

"Stress?"

"Uh, yeah. You asked me to come over and you have that look. The one you get when you're thinking really hard."

"Shit, you know me too well," Virgil chuckled. He was almost done with his second slice like Patton was. He began to ate the crust but took breaks to tell Patton about what happened at the mall.

"That's so sweet! I'd love to be friends with Roman," Patton exclaimed. He beamed at his best friend. "He sounds amazing."

"Yep... That's the problem."

"The problem? The problem is that he's too good- Ah."

Patton knew. Of course he knew. He could read Virgil like a picture book.