➺︎

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Please tell me you're not going back to that diner."

Kuroo, who was just about to walk out of his dorm room, glanced back at his roommate. Kenma was sitting on his beanbag, the thing practically swallowing him as he played on his handheld. His eyes never left the screen once as he spoke and the only reason Kuroo was able to see his quirked eyebrow was because his hair was pulled back into a bun.

Kuroo chuckled, leaning his weight on the door. "So what if I am?"

"Just saying, I think you're becoming a little obsessed. You barely even know this guy."

"I don't need to! He had my heart since the moment he dumped that drink over my head."

Kenma sighed, shaking his head, "whatever."

It never took much for Kenma to give up on an argument and Kuroo was thankful. "Well, I'll see you later. Yeah?"

"Sure."

Kuroo threw him a peace sign before vanishing behind the door. He walked down the steps of the dorm building and onto the busy sidewalk. He whistled a tune as he strode down the pavement, shoving his hands into his hoodie pocket.

Finding that little, kind of run down diner had been a miracle in disguise. At the time, he was just looking for a warm place to shelter him from the heavy rainstorm. He never planned on returning the next week, or the one after that, or every Wednesday that followed. But plans change when you meet a literal goddess.
The walk was a bit long, but Kuroo deemed that it was worth it.

His phone vibrated in his pocket and he pulled it out to find Bokuto calling him.

"Yo," he greeted, pressing the phone to his ear.

"Tetsu! Are you busy right now? I'm bored."

"Eh, kinda. You can meet me at that dinky diner we ate at once." There was a pause and Kuroo thought that maybe he lost service. "Bo?"

"O-oh! Yeah! Sorry. Uh, sure I'll meet you there. Can you send me the address?"

"Sure. See you soon." Kuroo hung up, sent Bokuto the address, and pocketed his phone again. It's been a while since him and Bokuto got to hang out. Even when they do hang out, Bokuto's been acting really weird lately.

Reaching the diner, Kuroo could feel the numbing vibrations in his fingertips he always felt. Seeing Akaashi was like a mix of excitement and anxiety, mushed together messily. The bell above the door was beginning to be one of Kuroo's favorite sounds. His favorite, of course, was Akaashi's laugh. He's only ever been able to make the boy really laugh once, but it was a sound that came straight from heaven.

It had been raining just a bit out and the bottoms of Kuroo's shoes were slippery. He ended up slipping and banging his chin on a table. The pain was a real motherfucker, but oh that laugh. Call Kuroo a masochist, but he'd bang his chin while tripping a million more times if it kept the normally collected boy laughing.

"Kuroo-San."

Kuroo smirked and he leaned his arm against the booth right next to him. The couple in it gave him an offended look. Akaashi gave them an apologetic one before glancing at Kuroo again.