➺︎

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

Time for angst hahahahaha.

The holidays went by quickly, but in the best way possible. After spending the week with Bokuto's family, the four returned to their own homes and their lives fell back into rhythm.

Akaashi worked long hours with two jobs, spending his free time with Nobu and Kuroo. Now that semester exams were behind Kuroo, he was able to spend more time with Akaashi and offered more help to watch Nobu. And on the days he couldn't, Bokuto happily took the role as babysitter.

And every time he did, Akaashi would offer to pay. The two would spend a few good minutes going back and forth before Akaashi just ended up cooking dinner for Bokuto.

It's been a couple months now of all of this, and it was the weekend before March. Bokuto was currently sitting on Akaashi's couch with a movie playing to fill the noise. Nobuyuki was laying next to him, his head in his lap as the boy slept.

It was nearly four in the morning, so Akaashi should be back any minute. Today, the weather was rather nice out, so him and Nobu went to the park to play volleyball. They played almost all day, until it started raining and they had to race back home. It had wore the boy out quite a bit, so after a quick dinner, Nobu had been out like a light.

Bokuto yawned, stretching his arms above his head when the movie credits began to roll. He glanced at the clock, just in time to here the scraping sound of a key coming from the door. He perked up, watching with a smile as Akaashi tiredly shuffled into the apartment.

The omega was rubbing at his eyes, hair tussled with glitter in it. There was some on his face too, and probably on his uniform beneath his sweater. It was something new that his boss at the nightclub started, a way to make the staff more alluring. It worked, and Bokuto found his cheeks flushing as Akaashi ruffled some of the glitter out of his hair. He then shut his umbrella, shaking the rain from it.

"H-hey," he greeted brightly, "how was work?"

Akaashi glanced up, the bags evident underneath his eyes. He smiled back, all lazy and exhausted as he unzipped his sweater. "It was fine. M'just glad to be home now. Is Nobu sleeping?"

Bokuto nodded and he watched as Akaashi walked over to them. He smiled softly at the boy, leaning down to press a kiss against Nobu's forehead before picking him up. He grunted, readjusting the growing boy in his arms. Bokuto jumped up, "I can get him for you!"

Akaashi shook his head, "it's fine. I'm just putting him to bed. I'll start dinner in a moment."

"Oh, okay," Bokuto watched with a small smile as Akaashi carried Nobu to the bedroom. Just within the passed couple of months, Nobu has grown a bit. He watched Akaahsi disappear into the bedroom before heading into the kitchen.

Despite Akaashi demanding that he cook dinner himself, Bokuto always insisted that he helped. He hummed as he pulled out a couple ingredients and a pan. When Akaashi came back into the kitchen, he was dressed in sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt. There was still some glitter on his face.

He yawned, sleepily approaching Bokuto. "Was Nobu good today?" He asked, voice quiet and mumbled. There were always certain nights where Akaahsi came home a little more tired than usual. Those were the nights where they made simple meals and he would end up falling asleep on Bokuto's shoulder.