Ten

I stepped out onto the planet we landed on and it was covered with what remained of what looked like old buildings and possible ships. I wondered where we were and what had happened to this place. It was obvious it was lived on and was lively at one point, so what or who happened to make it this way? My bet was Thanos.

"Guessing this is yours?" I asked to Quill, nodding to a bright red, very shiny looking ship as we walked past it.

"You guess right. So don't touch it. My ship, no touchy." He told me, then got a yellow device out of his pocket and waved it around slowly. "The hell happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off it's axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place."

"Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us." I heard Tony say, right as I noticed the Mantis girl using something to bounce on like a trampoline. Weird thing to be here but she looked like she was enjoying it. "We'll use it. All right, I have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one." Tony announced, making Quill, Peter and I gather around him. I looked around and saw Stephen sitting crossed legged, his eyes closed with a green mist going around him. His necklace was open and the stone inside was glowing brightly. That told me he was using, but what for?

"What you got?" I turned back round and asked Tony, crossing my arms.

"It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely don't wanna dance with this guy. We just want the gauntlet." I then heard a yawn come from the side and looked over to see Drax doing the yawning.

"Are you yawning?" I asked him, my words drenched with annoyance. "We're in the middle of creating a plan to stop Thanos from getting what he wants, and you're yawning? Did you hear anything that Tony said?"

"I stopped listening after he said 'we need a plan.'" Draz replied, making me let out a sigh.

"Okay, Mr Clean is on his own page." Tony said as he pointed to Drax. Mr Clean? He never fails to find a nickname for everyone.

"See, 'not winging it' isn't really what they do." Quill informed us.

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" Peter asked, motioning towards Drax and Mantis.

"Kick names, takes ass." Mantis replied.

"Yeah, that's right." Drax muttered in agreement with her. Tony and I both sighed heavily, with me rubbing my face with my hands. This is what we had to work with? How were they suppose to help us take down Thanos?

"All right, just get over here please." Tony pleaded, his face registering as one who had his patience tested way too many times. "Mr Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?"

"'Mr Lord.' Star-Lord is fine." Quill assured, before he nodded both Drax and Mantis to join our little circle.

"We gotta coalesce. Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude-"

"Dude, don't call us plucky." Quill cut Tony off. "We don't know what it means. All right, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan. Except it sucks, so let me do the plan and that way it might be really good."

"Tell him about the dance-off to save the universe." Drax reminded Quill.

"A dance off?" Tony asked, getting beyond the end of this tether with these people.

"Like footloose?" I asked randomly, and Quill's eye's widened softly with recognition.

"Exactly like footloose. Is it still the greatest movie of all time?"

"Footloose? No. I don't think it ever was." I told him, and his eyes narrowed at me, almost like he was challenging my opinion. "It's still pretty good though."