Fifteen

A YEAR LATER
-Avengers HQ, New York-
February 20th, 2019

Ashley sat in the room she shared with Steve, looking at herself in the mirror as she applied the last of her make-up

Ashley sat in the room she shared with Steve, looking at herself in the mirror as she applied the last of her make-up. Today was the day she was going to finally marry Steve, and she couldn't quite believe the day was here. The two were going to wait for Bucky and the others to come back, but with the circumstances and the fact there was no certain way to fix everything, they set a date and vowed to tell Bucky all about it when they did get to save him. They had waited long enough for each other, and they knew Bucky would understand.

The past year had been so very hard for Ashley and the team. She had tried so hard to get Tony to change his mind, only for him to keep denying involvement so he could live a life he had wanted for a while. Thanks to his continuing denial, Ashley spent the first few weeks after she woke working constantly to see if there was any other way tucked into everything that had happened already. But she found nothing. Her theory about Tony seemed to be the only thing going for them right now. It was just a shame he wanted nothing to do with it and didn't believe it.

Ashley and Tony's relationship had been full of tension since, as Ashley couldn't believe he was putting himself first when millions of people had lost loved ones too. Even after seeing Peter die, he wanted to carry on like nothing was wrong, going so far as to have a kid of his own. Her name was Morgan, named after one of Pepper's Uncle's. She was so cute and thankfully Tony let her be a part of Ashley's life. But how he could be so happy whist others were suffering was a mystery, therefore the bond Ashley shared with Tony was cracked. The crack was so big in fact, that she was now walking down the aisle by herself. He was still invited to the wedding, along with Pepper and Morgan, but their relationship wasn't the same anymore. And don't think Ashley was okay with that, because she was for sure wasn't. The fact she was facing losing her best friend after everyone she had lost already was eating away at her everyday. She wanted to build that bridge and go back to being the strong duo they always were, but she was always reminded of the choice he made and she couldn't forgive him easily for that.

Ashley shook her head to keep the sad thoughts at bay as today was supposed to be a happy day for her and for Steve. She looked at the picture of her dad on the desk and sighed, leaning back in her chair.

"Found it." Natasha entered the room and made her way over to Ashley, bringing Ashley out of her thoughts and into the now. In Natasha's hand was a hairpin, one that belonged to herself.

"That's what you had to get?" Ashley asked.

"I wanted you to have something borrowed so here." She replied, then carefully began to slide the pin into the back of Ashley's hair. As Ashley had requested, her hair was straightened with the sides pulled towards the back. She was wearing a white jumpsuit with flats instead of heels, which was a very different look to how she wanted it to be before. But things changed and she wanted to be more causal and laid back. "There. You look beautiful."