14. The Leather Jacket

"Better?" he asked me with a smirk when he caught me staring, of course my cheeks flushed a scarlet blush, which I tried to hide under my hair but fail since he just chuckled.

"Yeah, better"

I need to stop, this thing right here, is never happening, hell there isn't even anything here, we are just, what? Friends? I guess, I hope so.

"Here, take this, its cold outside" he said offering me his jacket, but oh no no, not just a jacket, his leather jacket, the one he kinda wears everywhere, and just by wearing his shirt, I know it will smell amazing, it'll smell just like him, his powerful cologne mixed with a minty scent.

I just love how much this guy smells all right? It's not my fault that unlike a lot of people he actually takes care of his hygiene.

I took the jacket from his hand carefully not wanting to accidentally brush out fingers, because if that happened the little thing in my hand called imagination, would start making up scenarios, and I could already tell what it would say: 'I brushed my fingers with his, and that sole touch made me feel sparks and butterflies, we have an undeniable connection' which we don't, and I know that, I truly do, but I guess my imagination has a mind of its own, and likes to create fairytales where there is really nothing.

I'm not blind, of course I know I may be kinda, a little, tiny bit attracted to Liam, let's face, he's got the looks, the smell, people focus on the smell please! And the personality, well I don't really know him, but what he has shown me, I've liked it so far.

"Thanks, but won't you be cold? I mean this is pretty much what you usually wear right?" I chuckled nervously, wait! I'm gonna sound all stalker now

"Not that I know what you wear every day, because I don't watch you every day" I closed my eyes feeling embarrassed, and reopened them to continue "Not like watch you in a keeping up with what you do every day, not like a creepy way, I mean like seeing you, spotting you, catching a glimpse, I think you know what I mean by now" I breathed out running a hair through my hair breaking the eye contact "anyway I don't stalk you" I hesitantly added, I swallowed and breathed out what was left of my dignity finishing my rant.

He opened his mouth to speak but I interrupted him before he got anything out.

"I just meant you wear this a lot, from the time we've talked, and or, yeah, I'm sorry, you must think I'm a weirdo now" I nodded with my head while he looked amused "great, well I'll see you around or not, and I'll give you your shirt later? Yeah that sounds good, because my clothes as you already know are wet, and I don't think it's the best idea going home half naked" my eyes widened at that, did I just say that? Did I really just say that!

To say I was blushing was an understatement, my cheeks were going to explode any second, what in the world is wrong with me, where are my social skills? Right, I forgot, I don't have any... anyways, moving on.

"That wasn't" I shook my head lightly and he interrupted with a grin on his face "Cute" he said in a low voice, and I kinda forgot how to breathe, can I be any more embarrassing?

"No Malia" he shook his head lightly with amusement "I don't think you're a weirdo, I think I like you even more now, that was" he paused, thinking of the right word to say "interesting to say the least, you really are something" although I don't think I was meant to hear the last part, I did, and it made me smile to myself.

"I can take a hoodie or something, this is my house after all" he chuckled slightly "You can wear the jacket, its fine" the amused smile on his face never leaving not even for a second, great he found my embarrassment amusing.