17. Missed me?

Malia's pov:

Sunday morning my brothers and I woke up to, let's say, strange news, I guess.

Mom was home, at my dads, and they were talking in the kitchen when they called for us to come down, to say the sight in front of me was weird would be an understatement, first of all, mom wasn't supposed to come back for another week I think, she was at my dad's house, did I mention that? Moms suitcase was in the kitchen which was super weird, but I think the thing that most surprised me was that it had been so long since I woke up to this, both parents in the kitchen and my brothers and I having a nice breakfast.

I don't think any of us was able to process the image in front of us, it was comforting at first, then just weird, but when I saw the look on their faces something seemed off, not extremely bad, but something wasn't right.

"Good morning everyone" I heard my dad's voice.

There were a couple silent good mornings, we all hesitantly went to hug mom, and then took a seat.

"What's going on?" I asked at the same time Jake asked "Don't tell me you're getting a divorce?" with an amused smirk on his face. Jonathan and I chuckled but my dad's face hardened.

"Tough crowd huh?" Jake whispered but pretty much everyone heard. I just smiled and Jonathan chuckled again.

"Answering your question Malia" my dad looked at me "I have bad and good news" he said the last part hesitantly.

I looked at my mom who just offered me a small smile that did nothing to control the anxiety, slightly increasing in me.

"I don't really know where to start but" my dad spoke again "A couple months ago, I took on a case, it was a simple lawsuit nothing too complicated, or so I thought, in words you can understand" he looked at Jake "A guy tried to abuse a colleague, luckily the security cameras caught everything and we won the case, simple as that, the trial yada yada yada, the guy was sentenced to prison, but he escaped, and he blames me for getting fired, his wife leaving him, and losing custody of his kid, he thinks I pretty much ruined his life, he doesn't see that he ruined it himself, he wants to ruin my life so has been sending me threat letters, at first I was just going to ignore it, until he sent me pictures of you guys and your mother" he paused and looked at my mom, she offered him her hand and he took it "One was of Malia walking home from school, another one of Jake at his school and Jonathan out with his friends, and I don't know how he got the information, but he sent another one of your moms work place" I internally gasped at that.

After looking at our faces my mom spoke "We're not telling you this for you to be scared, there's nothing to be scared of, your father and I felt the need to talk to you about this, that's why I came back earlier, but we've spoken to the police, and they are taking care of it"

"You said good and bad news, what's the good news?" I asked them.

They looked at each other before my mom answered, "The good news is that, you guys are not going to school for a week" Jake cheered and Jonathan and I just nodded slightly, I don't really like skipping school, but if it'll keep us safe, I guess there's no problem there.

"Oh and one other thing, your moms staying here as well" our jaws dropped.

Three days have gone by, staying home, my whole family in one place at the same time, didn't think I'd ever see that one again, well not like this anyway, weddings and birthdays I guess. But this was different, we were an actual family again, well not entirely, but it felt really nice, having both my parents under the same roof.

I've texted my friends, called them, they said Liam and a few other of my friends had asked about me, but I couldn't keep the smile off my face when they mentioned Liam, my teachers have been sending me my homework, and it has been pretty calm around here.