18. I Missed It

Liam's pov.

I only remembered I had a bottle in my hand when it shattered in my hand from squeezing too hard.

I could faintly hear my dad shouting; I couldn't care less what he was saying.

We had been arguing for the past 10 minutes, when I grabbed a beer took a few sips and then, well you know what happened to it.

"For fucks sake Liam, grow the fuck up would you!" that made me snap.

"Grow the fuck up? ME?" I shouted back "Your child, was drinking from your tequila, she's five and fucking tipsy, but you wouldn't know that would you, because you were fucking passed out like the fucking useless piece of shit you are"

"You don't talk to me like that!" he raised his hand to hit me, unfazed by his actions I swiftly grabbed it, twisted it around his back and pushed him so he would fall on the couch.

"For me to do that I would have to respect you 'dad' " I sarcastically said the last word.

I knew he wouldn't try do anything else, so I just went upstairs grabbed my half-drunk little sister, took her little colorful backpack, threw in some of her clothes, I woke her up and went to the car to drive her to my nanas.

After dropping her off and explaining what had happened to my nanas, I knew I couldn't go back to the house where my father was or I would beat the shit out of him, maybe I should go to Ryan's place?

I knew exactly where I wanted to go but I didn't know if I should.

No, I knew I shouldn't, but it's like something took over me.

I'm not gonna lie, I missed it.

I fucking missed it.

I missed catching a glimpse of her smile, or seeing that crazy red hair everywhere I went, the joy her eyes filled with when she was laughing, damn it that beautiful laugh, it would make me smile, I felt as if my days were brighter with just looking at her, I would just admire her from a far.

I knew if I went to her house, to go see her, I would instantly calm down, it would be like all my problems weren't even there.

So now I am a fucking pussy coming here unannounced, sitting on her bed, with my arm around her slim waist, what the hell is wrong with me?, but honestly I couldn't care less if I got caught, if it meant I would get to see her, a little glimpse of her, it would be worth it.

It's not even been that long and I'm already like this. Jesus Christ.

I would get closer to her, talk to her more often, but I don't want her ever close to what my life truly looks like, I want to protect her from everything, and that includes my life.

Retrieving my arm from her waist so she wouldn't think I was a weirdo I asked "So, you're coming back?" like the fucking little girl I am, but there was a look on her face, a certain feeling filled her eyes, I didn't know what it was, but I wanted to see it again.

"Yeah, next week" she shily replied after staring at my eyes for what she thought it was too long, but I could honestly stare at hers longer than that.

It was fascinating to me to stare at her, to see the deep green in her eyes, her long lashes, her soft plump lips, her bright hair, her smooth almost perfect skin, everything about her was so captivating. 

"Next week?" I frowned, she simply nodded "All right"

She smiled with amusement in her eyes, I looked at her with a confused look, "What?"