Kabanata 25

Kabanata 25

Familiar

I can still remember how Tita Arlyn entered the room after Dylan left me that day. She knew everything. She knew about our break up, she knew about my pregnancy. She was there and she was the one who told our family. I was scared back then. Akala ko huhusgahan nila ako sa bunga ng aking katarantaduhan. I thought they will scold me for bringing too much trouble to our family but they didn't.

"I heard everything. Don't try hiding it on me." She glared. "You're pregnant?"

Hindi ako makasagot. I was still crying after Dylan left the room when she entered. Bagsak ako sa sahig at doon humahagulgol dahil sa pang hihina ng biglang pumasok si tita.

I slowly nodded.

"Oh god!" She shut her eyes tightly before she went on me. Nagulat ako ng bigla nya akong inalo doon. "Then why are you crying here on the floor? Get up! Malalamigan ka,"

She carried me gently going up to the bed. Pinaupo nya ako doon at sinubukang patahanin.

I can still remember everything.

When they found out that I'm pregnant, they immediately planned out my future. On how I'll go study abroad with my tita Alice, on how I should move forward and on how I should heal for the baby. Of course it was never easy, but it's not harder than what I've thought.

"It's going to be okay, honey. You're going with tita Alice. You'll start a new life there with the baby. It's going to be, okay..." Pang aalo sa akin ni tita Janna.

Lahat kami ay nasa bulwagan na. The helpers are still carrying some of my luggage from upstairs. Kakalibing lang ni papa kahapon at ngayon ay paalis na agad ako. I'm flying to U.S. with tita Alice. That's what they've planned and I agreed with it.

I don't know how to feel. They were so positive that everything will be okay but I am not. Hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa rin tanggap na patay na si papa, na buntis ako, na aalis ako ng Aklan. I can't believe anything.

"We should go. Baka ma late kayo sa flight." Tito Marvin said.

"Ate..." Nilingunan ko si Empress na awang awang naka tingin sa akin.

I immediately looked away. I don't want them looking at me with pity fully eyes.

"Ate, I'll miss you. Get well and be better for the baby," She tried to smile. Hindi ako sumagot.

"Don't worry, I'll check up on you every summer, or even during Christmas. We'll visit you..." She said as she reached for my hands. Tumango lang ako.

And yes, i left the country just like that. My friends were in shock when I told them I'm leaving the country. Nasa airport na ako ng sabihin ko 'yon. I know they're a bit sad because of my short notice but thanks for their understanding, alam nilang iyon ang kailangan ko.

I was home schooled because I have to take care of the baby. I remember there were times that I'd thought of giving up to the point that I want to abort the child and just comeback with my real life because I was having a hard time.

"T-Tita..." I said with my shaky voice. Tanghali na at kakalabas ko lang ng kwarto, mugto pa ang mga mata kung kaya't agad nila akong dinaluhan.

"Baby..." She immediately went on me. Inalalayan ako papaupo sa highchair. "What do you want to eat? Are you craving for something?"

She gently caressed my face. Napawi ang ngiti ni tita Alice ng makita nya ang mugto kong mata. I'm still crying.