Kabanata 37

Kabanata 37

Long

Nakarating ako sa Manila ng madaling araw na. Dylan was so scared for me when he dropped me on the airport. Ani nya'y delikado na ngang mag isa akong pupuntang Maynila, mas delikado pa dahil madaling araw na akong makakarating doon.

I never really like the way he was so worried for me. Iniisip ko na ano naman kung delikado? It's my business not his but then hindi na ako nag taray. He told me that I should text him right after I checked-in at my hotel but I was too tired to even do it when I arrived. Diretso na ang tulog ko nang bumagsak sa malambot na kama kaya hindi ko na siya nainform pa.

The next day, I was flooded with his text. I only replied shortly saying that I'm fine. Sunod na inatupag ko ay ang mga mensahe ni Tito.

Tito Marvin:

Your gown will be delivered after lunch. Ang kinuhang makeup artist ng Tita mo ay darating ng mga alas singko. They will assist you with everything. Just text me when you need something, Okay?

I was literally alone the whole day. I had breakfast and lunch at the Hotel's restau by myself. Nang hapon ay nakatambay lang ako sa kwarto. I want to explore Manila but it's too hot outside so I had no choice but to stay inside my room.

"Omg, Ayhin Peralta? Is that you?!"

I was having my lunch that time when a woman of my age approached me. Hindi ko siya kilala at hindi ko mamukhaan kaya hindi ako agad nakasagot.

"It's me, Zeira!" She said.

I eyed her from head to toe. She's looking very sophisticated in a branded heels, white simple dress and is wearing a familiar expensive watch from a high end brand. Mukhang mamahalin ang babaeng ito at hindi basta basta. But I can't trust her yet cause I really don't know her...

"Uhm..." She trailed off. Para kaming kinain ng awkwardness ng hindi ako mag salita.

Hilaw siyang tumawa. "You don't remember me, don't you?"

I shook my head as I wiped my lips with the table napkin. Ngumiti siya sa akin but I can feel that she was offended.

"I'm Zeira Samson. Daughter of Rogenio Samson." She smiled.

Samson.

"Oh!" Nanlaki ang aking mga mata. I immediately smiled when I realized I know her family name. "How are you related to King Samson?"

I stood up to pay respect.

"You know him? He's my brother!"

"Oo. I remember him once nung umattend si Tito Rogenio ng party sa Aklan. He's with your brother." I smiled.

"I don't usually go to Aklan with Papa because I'm busy, maybe why you forgot me! But we used to play before when we were still young..." Tumawa siya.

"Really?" I tried make it enthusiastic dahil hindi ko talaga siya matandaan.

"Yup. Anyways, are you here for the party?"

"Uh, Oo. I was sent by Tito Marvin."

"Nice! I'm also coming at the Anaverde's party. Actually, may mga kasama ako..." Umikot ang panigin nya sa paligid. Animong may hinahanap. "Do you want to join us?"

"No, thank you. I just had my lunch," Ngumiti ako.

I don't really know her. If ever man na she's together with her circle of friends, nakakahiya namang makisama.