Feelings (Pt.4)

"They probably just wanted me to leave so that way they could come up with a way to kill me today."

"Don't be ridiculous."

"I was being honest..." Jiu peered at the ground below their feet, anxious. She'd encounter someone at some point today. It kept her up at night, this whole predicament. She could imagine what was said once she was out the door.

"You're still alive."

"Yeah. For now..." She recalled yesterday's memories of getting slapped across the face, not once, not twice, but three times. Yes, after Chaeryeong was instructed by Lia to slap her again, she jumped up at the chance. She remembered it all too well, sliding her chair backwards just seconds after Lia told her that, going straight for Jiu.

Defending Jiu, Yuna pleaded with Chaeryeong verbally, claiming there was no reason to do such a thing. Yet, to everyone's surprise, it was Heejin who stopped Chaeryeong, holding her back after she got one hit in. Nobody was really sure why, and it was never explained. Truthfully, Heejin felt guilty. Jiu never ratted her out. And, after all, before Jiu snaked her way around, they were really close friends.

"If you haven't noticed, I never even got their permission."

"No, you did."

"Wait, really? When???"

"They told me—well, Lia told me last night when she took me back home."

"And?"

"She even sent me a list of threats for you." Yuna pulled out her phone from her pocket preparing to unlock it and show her the message that was sent hours after she got dropped off. "Want to see?"

"I uhm- I'll pass... Thanks."

"Okay, so..."

"So?"

"You have their blessing now." The brunette motioned her hand between them both. "I'm waiting for you to ask me out."

"I can't just casually ask you out right now. That's lame. I want it to be more special, to show you that it means something."

"It's coming from you, isn't it?" The latter hummed in response. "Then it does mean something."

A noticeable red tint rushed to her face. For a moment, Jiu struggled to reply.

"If you're going to be all shy about it then I'll just ask you."

"No! Wait. Just at least give me until the end of the day to try something."

"But I want to be able to call you my girlfriend now."

"Please?"

"Fine." Yuna pouted and huffed simultaneously, not actually wanting to wait but choosing to give in anyway. 

"Thank you." She jumped up and hugged Yuna, then kissed her on her cheek. "I'll see you at lunch?"

"Oh look at you, so optimistic now."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't you share this class with Yeji, Ryujin, Hyunjin, and Heejin?"

"Oh..." Her face went pale, now coming out of the blissful state she was just in. "On second thought, take me with you?"

"No can do. Get to class." Yuna poked her cheek and sauntered off in the opposite direction.

"And if I don't survive to see you afterward?"

"You better!" Yuna yelled back, not turning around to face her.

"Is that really up to me to decide though?" Jiu whispered to herself while watching the younger walk away. With a heavy sigh, she straightened her back and walked into class with her head held high. She wasn't sure if she should show her panic or not, but after quick consideration, she decided not to.