12: Duel

Rhia POV.

A scream had escaped my mouth when a large thing cast a shadow over Jesse, Lina and I... Lina stepped back with Jesse holding her behind him with one hand and the other on mine.

His hand felt warm abut I couldn't think about it now.

Jesse began to tug me back but I froze in place.

'Hello there, Princess...' greeted a tall, hooded figure.

A dark duelist.

His long, raven hair was tangled with dead leaves arranged in his hair. A dark smirk curled at his lips.

'Rhia!' Lina yelled, Jesse holding her back and attempted to grab me.

'What do you want?' My voice shook.

'I think you know what I want, Princess'

'Stop calling me that,' I fought back, my fists clenched and my eyes burned with fury.

'Fiesty... You haven't changed. Same as always'

I fell silent. I felt Jesse's pulse beating in his wrist.

His warm hand was clasping mine quite tightly, my eyes remained fixed onto ground, the man laughed.

'You're quiet today, Princess. Maybe a duel will get some chat out of yo-'

'I'll duel ya,' Jesse cut in, confidence in his voice.

'Jesse...' Lina and I stared up at him, Jesse loosened his grip.

'We have a taker... This should be interesting,' The man looked devilishly at me and tilts my chin up with his fingers, 'Got anything to add, Princess?'

Jesse POV.

The man looked devilishly at Rhia, who was now shaking. He tilted her chin forcefully with his fingers,

'Got anything to add, Princess?' He spoke...

Rhia began to choke.

'Stop!' Lina yelled, tears rolling from her eyes, the man released Rhia's chin violently and walks off to a clear field, dragging Rhia with him.

Lina let go of my hand as more hooded figures held her hands behind out backs.

One man pushed me towards a clear field, opposite the man and Rhia.

'Right, Pretty boy. Are you sure you want to duel me? You might not be strong enough to win little Rhia back'

'I will. And I will win' I beamed, ready for a duel.

'Jesse,' Rhia's voice was coarse and strained...

Barely any sound came from her mouth, 'You can't duel him, he's t-too str-strong. I dont want you to...to get hurt...'

Rhia struggled to say the words and the dark duelist snickered.

Pushing Rhia to the ground. Her hair hung over her face, like a black veil, shadowing her head. She remained that way, no movement.

'Shall we?' the dark duelist asked, a demonic state in his eyes. And with that...

'Duel!'