Damaged

I'm alive!

Im so sorry it's been a long time, I'm still preparing for my exams and on top of all of that, I have training so my time isn't as flexible as it used to be...
But I wanted to stress that this is a short chapter because this is all I've had time to do this week... But I promise it'll be longer next time!!!

----------------
Rhia's POV.

I watched the dark duelist's mouth curl... A cold shiver ran down my spine...
'Very well... But first...'

The world seemed to stop.

There was no sound.

There was no scent.

There was no movement.

And the world was a blur.

Hypnotism.

I felt my eyes slowly give in...

'Rhia' Jesse shook my hand, pulling me back to reality...

I glanced over to the blue haired boy and gave a small smile...

'Would you look at that, boys...Our little princess got stronger. Let's see if your strong enough to save your friends with the darkness that's slowly devouring you inside'

His voice dropped like venom. A poison that could cause the end of my existence.

I looked over to Percival, whose eyes were fixed on me, and then at my hand that held Jesse's....

'Losing isn't something I'm good at' I fought...

'Well, you're about to take up a new habit'

'Make that two of us'

Jesse's voice cut in.

I looked over to him and whispered, 'Jesse, what are you doing?'

He flashed his usual 'I'm up for a challenge' smile and pressed on...

'How 'bout we do a tag team duel? Mix things up a little?'

'No' I said sternly.

'Rhia...' His eyes held a strong sincerity... 'I'm going with you and you can't do anything to stop me'

'You have a lot on your end, Princess... Let's hope you can keep up' said the dark duelist, motioning his hand to one of the others. Another dark duelist joining him...

'Jesse, please just let me handle this' I muttered

'Duel'
-
-
-

Jesse's POV.

I took a quick look at Rhia and saw that her hands were trembling, her breathing became heavy and her eyes didn't dare to look up...

I placed a hand on her shoulder...

'Just relax, Rhia, you'll do great'

She didn't look up.

'I can't relax, Jesse. If I make a wrong move, we're both in trouble. I've already damaged you enough...' Her voice faded out at the end...

'What do you mean?'

She sighed.

'We've met before, I lost a duel and now your memories of me are-'

'Gone?' I finished off for her...

I then recalled the sudden flash of light at the lake....

I turned back to Rhia and smiled warmly...

'I know, I saw...'