8: There When I Need You

Rhia POV.

Zane and I had retreated from Jaden and Alexis' conversation and were on our way to Chancellor Shepherd's office. He told us that Zane could stay in his original dorm and I could stay with a student named Blair Flanagan- who stayed in the room beside Jaden's. Blaire was at the meeting too and we began a silent, but instant friendship.

Zane and I were packing as we were assigned to move in tomorrow as Zane's uncle was going to pick up the boat. The music and duel explosions were heard from the festival that began to finish and the sense of peace began to fill the air.

Zane was in the living room and I was still shoving lots of my clothes into my suitcase; from clothes to books and back-up decks. My wrists were aching but I stood still to observe what else I had to pack, silently, I crouched down to the pile of photos.

'Alright, now to pack my photos...'

I began to collect the picture frames but...

Thud!

'What was that?' I muttered to myself as I dropped the pictures onto my bed and quickly ran into the living room.

Zane...

I rush into the room and see Zane lying on the floor in a curled position, his dark blue hair in every which way. Worry surged through me until a faint snoring echoed from Zane's throat, he's only sleeping... I thought, relieved.

'Why do you always scare me like that, Zane?'
I whispered as I carried him to the couch, sprawling a blanket onto him gently.

I then glanced over all of the clothes that he had laid out on the floor that needed to be packed; I decided to help him and pack before tending to my own packing workshop.

It was boiling inside the boat and sweat bound my hair together in wet strands that stuck to my face, I began to get frustrated and tied it up.
Usually, when Zane was awake, he'd joke about the way I resembled to an Olympic athlete with my hair up. Then insult me by stating that I couldn't become an athlete because I hated anything sporty.

It was almost midnight when I finished packing and decided to cook something before going to bed. A Hot Pot sounds good...I thought and packed a spare hot pot for Jaden who, coincidentally, appeared to say goodnight.

I could still hear Zane snoring quite loudly from the living room and I tossed and turned in order to be in the same position. One minute my soft, red blanket was on, because it was too cold.

The next minute my blanket was off because it was too hot. The minute after that, I stuck my leg out because I couldn't take it anymore. and the cycle repeated...But the only thing that was on my mind were Jesse and Lina. So she and Jesse were related...

Oh boy.

'I don't want him to know...'

Jesse POV

'I'll catch up with you guys later!'

'Thanks Jess!'

I watched them and waved as they left, leaving Ruby and I by the river to enjoy the peace. My mind re-traced to what Rhia was about to tell me about Lina...What is she hiding? All through the day, that was the only thing I could think about. Ruby was getting tired so we both agreed on turning in for the night...

The lights from the slifer dorm glowed, highlighting small areas of the grass below. It was quite late and my eyes began to feel heavy, I entered the dorm room; a determined Jim and an annoyed Syrus practice dueled on the floorboards.