14: Weakness

Jesse POV.

'I see we still have the Rhiona your mother left us with'

The man laughed, nothing but bitter words leaving his mouth. His intentions were cruel.

'Leave my mother out of this' With a trembling but fierce voice, Rhia sputtered.

'Well, my dear, your mother is the reason pretty boy over there is about to take a consequence' His voice was irritating.

Just as I thought this, the grip around my arms tightened, the shaky voice that Rhia had possesed a moment ago had left...

'Well I'm just going to have to prove you wrong,' She said strongly, her eyes burning.

'Try me' He challenged.

'Gladly' She answered willingly.

This was a side I never imagined would come from Rhia. The innocent, shy Yuki was actually courageous and strong and almost... Scary.

'I activate Dark Serpentine Shield'

'Protecting yourself already? Coward'

'You're one to talk' Rhia fought back, the black shadowed shield whirling around her in an orbiting motion.

'Oh dear,' He sighed but Rhia wasn't done.

Her fingers shook a little, 'I summon Blackwing Percival!'

And with that, a magnificent black panther emerged onto the field. His dark wings spreading, he stood boldly...

Percival growled and the sound of shattering glass echoed on the field.

'Percival!' Rhia yelled, Percival had been destroyed. But how? He wasn't even attacked...

'Did you forget Mirror Gate is in play, Princess?'

Rhia swore.

'Mirror Gate can wipe out any level 8 monster my opponent summons...and it allows me to attack you with the monster you tried to destroy' The man snarled, a demonic glow in his eyes.

Rhia fell silent. But then again, so did we...

'That leaves Rhia wipe open' Lina whispered beside me, our eyes met and the uncertainty of what will happen next welled in us.

'Attack her directly!' The man demanded as the duel turned the tables...

'Rhia!'

White. Nothing but white. What's going on? When the whiteness drained out into blurred lines. (A/N bet you sang that 😏)

The masked men and the dark duelist had retreated leaving Rhia, Lina and I sprawled across the grass.

Lina's POV.

My eyes flew open at the sound of Jesse's breathing, we were all on the ground and were all breathing heavily.

Rhia remained on her knees. Jesse and I stood to help Rhia up, her eyes were closed and faint tear tracks washed down her cheeks.

I peered to look at her expression but her eyes casted pain. I was about to ask her if she was alright but...

'Lina?' Jesse started, his eyes observing Rhia...

'Who is this?'