Hanahaki Disease

Shinsou watched his boyfriend as he traced small circles on his back. After a couple minutes, he sighed and sat up.

Kaminari sat up as well, turning to look up at him. "Toshi? Is something wrong?"

"No, I'm fine. I think I need to talk to my dads about something though." He got up and walked to the door, grabbing his jacket when he passed by his desk.

"Aww... you're leaving?..."

"I'll be back soon." He hurried over to his dads place and knocked on the door. Without waiting for a response, he opened the door and stepped inside.

Aizawa looked at him from his place at the table. "Need something?"

"Uh huh. I need, um...advice." He slowly sat down at the kitchen table across from his dad. "Is Eri here?"

"No. She's at a friend's house. Why?"

"I just didn't want her to be around for this. I thought it might upset her, and you know how much I hate it when she cries." He crossed his legs in the chair and rubbed his eyes.

"Alright...what's up kid?"

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "I..." He took a deep breath. "How do you two do it? You're both pro heroes, but you're also married. Aren't you worried one of you will die while out on a mission?"

"Everyday we're worried about each other. But we make sure we're extra careful and make sure that we come home safe. For each other and you and Eri"

"I'm so worried about Kami. I don't know if I can take all the worrying on both our parts. And you both know how reckless I am. He'd always be worried about me." He fiddled with his hands. "I don't know whether to break up with him and force him to move on s-so he won't worry about me...or if I should stay with him and just constantly have him worry about me..." He played with the Amethyst ring on his middle finger.

Aizawa sighed a bit "look kid. I had the same issue when me and Hizashi started dating. You know I would give my life for my class so Hizashi always worries. If you really think it's a good idea to break up with him then that's your choice but even though he will worry a lot I'm sure you will too. Both of you are pretty reckless and I know that boy would do anything for you. Just talk to him and make a decision together, alright?"

He nodded a little and hugged the man. "Thank you. You're both amazing dads."

Aizawa hugged back tightly. "if you ever need anything just make sure to come to us"

"I do. You guys are the first people I come to when I have a problem. I love you so much." He kissed his cheek then hurried back to his dorm.

Kaminari was still laying in bed, half asleep by this point. He yawned and sat up, rubbing his eyes. "Hey Toshi"

"Kami, I need to talk to you." He took his hands and slowly sat down next to him.

"What's wrong...?" he looked really worried.

"I just...I don't know if I can take...all the worrying that comes with dating a pro hero. You know? Our job is so dangerous, Kami..." He rubbed his thumbs across Kaminaris knuckles. "And we're both extremely reckless...I honestly don't know what I'd do if you got hurt."

"I'll be careful I promise. I'll be extra extra careful!" He teared up a little.

"It's not that simple, Kami, you know that..."

"Okay... it sounds like there's more to this..."

He took a deep breath. "Sort of...I don't know whether I should...break up with you and force you to move on and be happy, or...stay with you and just constantly be guilty for making you worry about me." He avoided eye contact.