It was meant for you

A/N: Part 2 of It Was Meant For Someone Else because some people asked, and I figured this would be the perfect excuse to write some more angst (^∇^)

Shinsou stumbled through his day in a daze. His body was on autopilot, his mind traveling elsewhere, far beyond the four walls of the cafe.

Why wasn't Kaminari here?

Was he mad?

Had he done something awful to himself?

Whoa. That got dark quick.

He closed up early that day. As he was doing a quick clean of the cafe, he called his best friend Jirou and got Kaminaris address.

As soon as she gave it to him, he hung up on her and hurried out the door, not even bothering to lock it. He was too focused on finding Kaminari and making sure he was alright.

He easily found Kaminaris apartment, and gently knocked on the door. When he got no response, he tried the door handle. Luckily, it was unlocked.

The door opened onto a dark, messy apartment that smelled faintly of lavender, lemon and vanilla. It was a strange combination, but it was nice. It put Shinsou at ease. His heart rate slowed a little, and he could almost feel his stress and anxiety melt away.

He stepped into the apartment and closed the door behind him.

He tried to call out for Kaminari, but the words got caught in his throat.

The silence in the building was a little unnerving. Where the hell was everyone?

Probably still at work...and maybe Kaminari was as well.

He coughed and tried again. "Kaminari?"

There was no reply. Either Kaminari was ignoring him, or he just wasn't home.

Deciding he didn't feel comfortable being in the apartment if his friend wasn't here, he turned and slowly walked out.

But just as he was pulling the door closed, he heard a yawn from the bedroom. There was a soft creak as the person got out of bed and moved around.

Shinsous heart skipped a beat. That must be Kaminari. He must be awake. Even though it was 6:00pm...maybe he had just woken up from a nap.

He took a couple steps back. There was no way Kaminari could find him inside the apartment. He would probably assume Shinsou had broken in or something, and would hate him even more.

He quickly stepped out into the hall and pulled the door closed.

Inside, he could hear Kaminari slowly moving around the apartment.

After a couple minutes, Shinsou gently knocked on the door.

The footsteps inside paused, then quietly padded across the wooden floor towards the door. "Jirou, I told you I'm not in the...mood....." Kaminari trailed off as he opened the door and saw Shinsou standing very awkwardly in the hallway outside.

There was a long silence before he spoke up again, his eyes lowering to the floor. "Um...what...what are you...doing here...?"

Shinsou slowly reached out and took Kaminaris hands. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have told you that."

"No, it's fine. I'm glad you told me..." He mumbled, staring down at their hands. Over a moment of silence, then fingers intertwined and Shinsou pulled Kaminari closer.

"...still. I feel like I made you mad."

"It's fine, really. I just..." He sighed, resting his head on the taller mans chest.

"Feel like the second choice?"

"Yeah..."

"Listen." Shinsou moved into the apartment, kicking the door behind him. "I know I said that note was meant for Todoroki, but...I changed my mind. It was meant for you."