Are you okay?

A request from Nightmare-Nina

There was an unspoken rule between Shinsou and Kaminari.

Since they lived close to each other, they would always head to school together. Shinsou would bike and Kaminari would skateboard along beside him.

They never talked to each other outside of brief greetings. For one, Shinsou hated small talk. And two, they were both in different classes, so they never really got the chance.

One day, though, Kaminari forgot his elbow and knee pads at school. He had been held back after class to be reprimanded for falling asleep, and once he was finally allowed to leave, he grabbed his bag and hurried outside to not keep Shinsou waiting.

He figured he'd be fine. He'd been skateboarding a million times, and he'd never gotten hurt before. Plus, he would look super cool in front of his crush.

Shinsou was leaned against the wall of the school, texting someone as he waited for Kaminari.

"Hey! Hey, I'm here. Sorry, I got held back after class again!" Kaminari yawned.

"...you good?"

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'll be fine. Let's just go home."

Shinsou immediately obliged, swinging his leg over the bicycle and pushing off, Kaminari following close behind on his skateboard.

It was hot out that day. Not so hot that you would be sweating, but just warm enough to make you sleepy. And unfortunately, Kaminari hadn't been sleeping well as of late, so he found himself nodding off a couple times.

The first couple times, he was woken up almost instantly by the sound of a car or truck going by. But eventually, he and Shinsou entered the quieter part of town, and Kaminari felt himself slip.

The world seemed fuzzy and distant, his vision almost tunnelling as he fell asleep. He lost balance and his feet flew out from underneath him.

His face slammed into the pavement and then he must've blacked out, because a moment later, he was laying in the grass, staring up at Shinsou, who looked incredibly worried.

"Kaminari, are you okay?"

All he could manage was a soft groan. His lip and head were both pounding from the pain, and it hurt him to try and speak. He could taste something metallic in his mouth, but he couldn't figure out what it was.

Shinsou gently lifted the small boy up and started carrying him down the street.

Kaminari must've blacked out again, because a moment later, he was laying on the couch in a dark apartment, a cold cloth on his forehead and ice wrapped in a dishcloth on his lip.

Carefully, he sat up, looking around to figure out where he was. Almost immediately, a strong hand was placed on his chest, gently pushing Kaminari back down. "Don't get up. You're hurt." Shinsous voice came from somewhere to Kaminaris left, right near his head.

He happily obliged. His head and lip had gone numb, his cheeks were hot, and he felt nauseous, but not nauseous like he was about to throw up. It was more like his stomach was doing cartwheels while his liver tied his intestines into knots.

He chalked it up to his injuries, and definitely not because Hitoshi Shinsou was taking care of him.

"Where...where am I?" Kaminari mumbled. It hurt his lip to talk much, so it was kinda hard to get words out.

"My apartment. You fell unconscious and I figured it would be best to take you here for a bit so I could take care of you."

"Okay..."

"Do you think you can eat anything?"

Kaminari slowly shook his head. He could barely open his mouth to talk, let alone eat.

"No? Alright, well at least take this, it'll help." Shinsou opened his friends mouth and dropped three small pills into his mouth.

"you're so nice...taking care of me." Kaminari mumbled as the pills dissolved in his mouth. He felt Shinsous fingers slowly intertwine with his own. "so caring."

"Go to sleep, Denki. You need to rest."

"Mhm..." Kaminari quickly fell asleep, and by the time he woke up, he already felt much better. The swelling on his forehead and lip had gone down entirely, and he could actually stand without falling over.

It was very dark in the apartment. The only light was coming from the oven in the kitchen. The blue digital clock on it read 3:12AM.

Ever so slowly, Kaminari made his way down the hall until he found the room he was looking for.

Shinsous room.

The door was slightly ajar, so he pushed it open and peeked inside.

Unlike the rest of the apartment, Shinsous room was a mess. Papers covered the desk and floor, clothes were thrown haphazardly into the dresser, and there were half burned candles laying on the floor.

The room was mostly decorated with occult and band things, along with a large Jolly Roger flag right above his bed.

Kaminari quietly snuck over to the bed and tapped Shinsous shoulder. "Can I stay with you tonight?"

There was a soft grunt, which he took as a yes, and happily climbed into bed with Shinsou.

He liked the feeling of being carried yesterday, and he definitely liked the feeling of Shinsous strong arms around him. It made him feel so safe and happy, to be cuddled by someone so big and strong.

Luckily for him, Shinsou seemed to be a cuddler, because as soon as Kaminari lay down, he felt his friends arms slip around his waist.

Soon enough, the two fell asleep, holding each other close.

A/N: I...did not know what kind of art piece to do for this oneshot lol...I didn't want to draw Kaminaris face because that kind of thing makes me kinda uncomfortable

Hope you enjoyed lol