Page 1

My phone rang at 6:30 in the morning and I saw it was my friend Violet. I answered and sighed.

"What?" I asked.

"Chloe! Jaden Hossler and Bryce Hall got arrested last night!" She shouted.

"What? Why?"

"They had marijuana and drugs in their RV."

"Which jail are they in."

"It's the one that you live by. Lee County."

"Oh. So that was the commotion last night... Okay, I have to go. I'll talk to you later," I hung up since I honestly wanted to be alone. I was sitting on my porch, scrolling through my Insta when a group of boys came up to us.

"You're, like, our only hope right now," Josh Richards said.

"What?" I asked.

"We've asked people if they were willing to bail someone from jail and they shut the door on us," Blake said.

"So, please. One of our friends bailed me out, but our other friend is still in," Bryce said.

"Ooh, was this friend Addison?" I set my phone aside.

"She knows who we are," Josh said surprised.

"How much does it cost for Jaden? Because I really don't wanna do this and I wanna tell you to find someone else."

"It's about $8,000..." Anthony stated and my jaw dropped.

"Please. We know it's a lot!" Bryce begged.

"Okay. Okay, fine. But you boys are coming with me," I said and they nodded. We got in and a cop came to me. "Just the guy I wanted to find. The favor you owe me... I need to bail someone. And I'm not about to spend $8,000."

"The least I can make it to is $6,000," Braden said and I looked at the boys who were biting their lips to try and guilt-trip me.

"Fine," I sighed and paid to bail Jaden out. We waited out back and Jaden came out. "That's my cue to leave," I told the boys and walked back to the house. Not even 5 minutes later, they were at my front doorstep again.

"So, Jaden and I need to stay low for some time. Can we crash at your place?" Bryce asked.

"It's not my house," I opened the door and let them all in.

"Then whose?" Blake asked.

"I own it, but I let people rent it out when I'm not here."

"Then can we rent it out?" Josh asked.

"Sure. Here are the rules. No smoking indoors, don't touch anything you think is mine, don't snoop, no running in the house, and don't get in my way. Basically no having fun," I gave a fake smile and they stared at me. "Choose any room but the very last one. That's mine." I walked up and into my room, letting the guys settle. I wanted a snack so I went down and got a call.

"Jaden got bailed!" Violet said.

"Yeah, I know. I bailed him," I left the phone on speaker. "And now they're staying at the house."

"Do you know how well they'd pay? You're the luckiest bitch ever!"

"No, I'm not. If I find a mess anywhere, I'm honestly gonna throw things out the window."

"Is Blake cute?"

"No."

"Ouch," Blake walked in and I let out a groan, shutting the fridge. "I wasn't supposed to hear that. Um... What do we do if we want a snack and don't wanna call Uber Eats?"