Page 25

"What else do you want?" I asked.

"Ooh! Cookies!" She smiled and I added two onto her plate.

"Well, if you want cookies, you have to eat veggies."

"No!" She whined and I nodded.

"How about I eat them with you?" I smiled and she nodded. I added more onto our plates and we got to a picnic table where everyone was sitting. Meghan was too short to be able to see over the table, so I had to feed her. She was really happy about it and we got to the veggies. "Ready?" I asked and we both held carrots.

"Yeah!" She said and we put them in our mouths. She ate them all and I looked up to see Jaden, John, and Amy watching me from the side. They were talking and then would look at me. Jaden offered me a small smile and I went back to eating my own food as Meghan ate her cookies.

"Is she being good?" Meghan's mom came over.

"Hi, mommy!" Meghan tipped.

"Yeah. She's amazing. Tell mommy how you ate your veggies," I told Meghan.

"I like carrots and tomatoes," Meghan stated. "Mommy, can I get your phone?"

"I left it in my purse inside. Not now, Meghan," her mom said and Meghan pouted.

"I can give her mine," I whispered so Meghan couldn't hear.

"You are the best! And a life saver." I gave Meghan my phone and she played games which kept her entertained. I threw away the plates and came back and Meghan was talking with Amy and John who were telling her jokes.

"Hey," Jaden slowly wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Hi," I smiled. "What were you talking about?"

"You're good with kids. That's all." He kissed my shoulder and let go as Meghan ran over with Any and John.

"Do you have a younger sibling? You're so good with kids," Amy smiled.

"No. My older brother is Chase..." I said.

"Chase. Right," John said and went stiff.

The day ended and everyone was staying over.

"Is the spot in bed next to you open?" Bella asked.

"No. It's taken by me," I smiled sarcastically and pulled Jaden into the room, locking the door. I changed for the night and sat in bed scrolling through TikTok. Jaden went live on Instagram for the first time in forever and sat on the bed.

"'Who was that girl you kissed?' Who?" Jaden asked and I showed him a video of Bella kissing him. "Oh. She's no one. 'Chloe broke up with you for a reason. You don't deserve her.' Guys! She was there when that girl kissed me," Jaden said and I watched as he got mad and ended the live.  "This is why I don't go live." He lied down and I rested my head on his chest. "You really aren't mad?"

"I'm not, J. It's fine. I was there," I said and he kissed the top of my head. We slept and woke the next day with everyone yelling at our door. They got in and they were all yelling at Jaden.

"What the fuck?" Jaden yelled. "Can't I literally get privacy with my girlfriend for even a morning?"

"So did you check in your girl?" Any asked.

"No! Bella kissed me, mom! I didn't kiss her!"

"I-I was there when it happened," I tried.

"Bella is going around the house yelling everyone that you pushed yourself into her and tried to have sex with her," John said.

"That's so false! We were playing never have I ever and she kept saying things like, 'never have I ever' done something with Jaden. And I told her to stop. She said she liked me and just kissed me until Chlo had to push her off."

"Really?" Any asked me and I nodded. "Okay..." they all left and Jaden groaned.

"We're going wake boarding," John said and Jaden looked ready to scream.

"Jaden," I nudged him and he looked at me.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"Morning," I smiled and kissed him.

"Ugh! Come here!" He hugged me and I snickered.

We got out to the lake and I was sitting at the corner with Jaden next to me. Bella was there too and was taking videos of people wake boarding. I was in a bikini like the other ladies and Jaden just had in swim shorts. I sat on my side hip and looked at the water when I felt a hand in my butt. I looked and Jaden gave it a light squeeze, coming closer to me and wrapping his arms around me. He kissed me and I smiled. He went to his original spot and his hand roamed my body. He set his hand on my butt again and I was feeling a little uncomfortable. I went to push his hand away, but he put it right back. I looked away and saw his parents watching him. I let it go and saw Bella glaring at me.

"Jaden, I don't think she likes you doing that. You can do it to me, though," Bella came over.

"Um perfectly fine with it," I hissed and she glared.

"No, you're not! Just let me have him!"

"No." Bella went to shove me, but tripped over her own foot and fell into the water. Jaden buttoned his face in my side and started laughing so hard. "Jaden," I whispered and he calmed down. He broke out laughing again and he mom glared.

"It's not funny, Jaden!" She yelled at Jaden who was crying now.

"It's hilarious!" He laughed as Bella was pulled back in. "That's what you get for trying to take me from my girl!" Jaden laughed and calmed down. "My stomach hurts so bad!"

"I'll make the rest of you hurt if you don't stop laughing," I stated and he went quiet. We all had lunch in the boat and Jaden went to get a White Claw from the cooler. He got ma a black cherry and I took it. We finished our drinks and his uncle went to start the boat, but it wouldn't work. The spinny thing suddenly fell off and fell into the water.

"That's nice," Bella said. "So who's going for a swim?" We all looked around and we're in the middle of the lake at the deepest part.

"Great. Great, great, great!" Jaden said and I could tell he was stressing out. He grabbed my little purse and pulled out a cigar and a lighter.

"When did you put that in there?" I asked.

"When you weren't looking. Want a hit?" Jaden asked.

"No!" I snapped and he tried to calm down.

"It'll be fine," John said. "I hope."