Page 21

"What?" I asked.

"I've been missing you and I can't stop thinking about you. I made a mistake letting you go, Chloe," he sighed.

"Jaden... I'm not ready for that yet. I'm so sorry. I just need a little while longer."

"Okay..."

"If you're going through shit, just tell me, please. I'm always here for you, J, as a friend."

"I know. Same goes for you." He hung up and I went out to see Dom asleep on the couch. I didn't wanna wake him, so I went to my room, laying on the bed. At midnight, Dom walked in and had changed into a hoodie and sweats. He had his hood on and looked dead.

"Hi," I smiled, completely awake.

"Hey," he lied down with his head on the crook of my back and started snoring. I videoed him and posted it on my Insta story, tagging him. I stayed up longer and Chase texted me telling me that he was staying at Hype. I scrolled through my Twitter and Jaden had tweeted:

I miss her

I rolled my eyes and then slept. In the morning, Dominic shifted on me and I looked at him.

"Morning," I groaned.

"Morning, love," he smiled and rolled to be face to face with me.

"I'm gonna host a party toady. You fine with that?"

"Yeah." He fixed my hair and we both got ready for the day. I invited people to the party and invited Bryce, Jaden, and Griffin again. It was a full party and I was a bit tipsy. Jaden came to me and took my hand.

"Wanna come over?" He asked. I shook my head since I couldn't speak and he gripped me. "How about we go to my place? Let's go." He went to pull me and I was trying to pull away.

"Mate, let go of her," Dominic came over with Chase.

"Jaden... Let go of my sister," Chase said.

"She wants to leave." I pulled away again and Jaden pulled me, making me fall forward. Chase caught me and pulled me to my room. I passed out on the bed and woke the next morning. Dominic was sitting on one of my chairs and glared at me. But he had a trailed off look.

"Are you mad?" I asked and he blinked shaking his head.

"Not at you, love. Never at you," he sighed. "At him? Yes. You were drunk and he tried to take advantage of you." I stood and fixed myself in the mirror. I changed into sweatpants and a hoodie, then jumped back onto my bed.

"What did I do?"

"You had fun. Nothing stupid," he smiled and I motioned for him to lie down with me. We watched movies all day and Chase came in to check up on me. Dominic went to his room and said he had to work on a song, so I let him go. Jaden apologized and I forgave him. I was getting hungry when lunch arrived and I went to Dominic's room to see him strumming my guitar. He stopped when he saw me at the door and didn't offer a smile.

"How's it going?" I asked with a smile.

"Good. Did you need something?"

"I-I was just wondering when you wanted to have lunch... And what you wanted."

"Could you order nachos with some fries for me?"

"Yeah. Drinks?"

"Coke." I nodded and ordered postmates. He came down quickly and took his food, leaving me again. Chase came over and started eating some of my fries.

"Wanna hang out?" I asked.

"Why?" Chase asked and I made puppy eyes. He smiled and pulled me up. We made TikToks and Chase realized something. "I never got you anything for your birthday. No one did. Not even mom."

"It's fine, Chase. It doesn't matter."

"It matters to me. You're my sister! Let's do online shopping. I'll pay."

"No!" I whined.

"Yes!"

"I'm telling mom." I FaceTimed her and set the phone up.

"Hey, honey," she said and Dominic walked down.

"Mom, Chase is-" I started and Chase picked me up and threw me.

"Chase! Leave your sister alone!"

"Yeah, Chase! Fight me chopstick!" I stood and mom saw us both. Chase stepped to me and I rolled my eyes. "Oh, look. Here comes the pool noodle. Fucking chopstick."

"Chloe."

"Still softish!" I screamed and Chase slapped my arm as hard as he could. "Ow. Mom, Chase hit me."

"Chase, don't hit your little sister."

"She's being a- Are you fucking serious? She hung up!" Chase yelled and called her again.

"What?" Mom asked.

"Chase is mad that no one got me anything for my birthday. And now he wants to buy me something from Louis," I said.

"Let him. It's his money."

"No!" I whined. "I don't want anything." Chase shoved me and I fell against a desk breaking a glass vase. I walked over and pouted. "Tell Chase not to buy me anything."

"Tell Chloe to let me buy her something because, as her older brother, I love her and want to," Chase said.

"Sort it on your own. I don't have time for your shit," mom said and hung up. I glared at Chase and we were face to face. He looked down at me and kissed my forehead.

"I'll just go up then," Dominic said and went to his room. Chase pushed me to go after him and I sighed.

"Did you need something?" I asked.

"I'm upset. I'm upset, that's what! So don't ask about it and give me a hug." I did and he held on. I let go and he went back to being super serious. I went down and Chase finished eating my food.

"When's the last time you slept?" Chase asked.

"Last night. Just a few hours," I shrugged.

"You really need to sleep, Chloe. I'm worried about you. Your mental health is really important."

"I'm fine, Chase. Just stop worrying." I sat and we hung out.

After a week, Dominic went home and released a song called Polygraph Eyes. We went to Hype to watch it premiere and I got upset. I went outside and called him immediately.

"Dom, was this song based on what happened?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm sorry, love. I was just upset and I wanted to make a song to let people know it isn't okay to take advantage of others no matter what," he said.

"I'm not mad, Dom. I just wish you'd shown me the song first."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. It's a good song though and I miss you."

"We'll still talk, love." We talked for a bit before I went back home with Chase. I hadn't really made up fully with Hype, but it wasn't hate for them.