Page 24

I felt so awkward and out of place as we finished dinner, and his parents insisted that we should watch a movie. They sat together on one couch and I awkwardly sat on the other. Jaden hurried over and sat next to me, putting his arm around me and pulling me to lean onto him.

"You good?" He kissed the top of my head and whispered.

"It's so awkward," I muttered and he hummed into my hair.

"I love you." I squeezed his hand in response and we watched the movie. I was pretty tired and fell asleep on the couch. I was half awake when I heard voices.

"Should I wake her?" Jaden asked his mom.

"Just carry her up," Amy said.

"I think I should wake her." Jaden poked my forehead multiple times until I punched him in the dick.

"Ha!" John laughed as Jaden winced.

"Come on, we're going up," Jaden lifted me onto his hip and carried me up. He set me on the bed and I rolled onto my side.

"Will you be fine? Do you two need anything else?" Amy asked as Jaden lied down with me.

"We're fine, I think. Wait, she needs a glass of water for the morning." John got it and set it on the side table.

"You really like her?" John asked.

"Of course! I love her!"

"Good. Because I do too."

"Honey, you throw love around like a frisbee. It's more than just a word," Amy said.

"I know. And I love Chloe."

"Okay. I just don't want you getting hurt again. You're finally stable."

"Okay. You two should go sleep," Jaden said and they shut the door. Jaden planted a soft kiss on my lips and was snoring soon enough.

In the morning, I took the first shower, and he went after me.

"My aunt, cousins, and uncle are coming over today," Jaden said as I got dressed. "Just don't be intimidated by anyone. And don't feel the need to impress."

"I don't feel like I belong here, J," I sighed. "It's literally your family and you should be spending time with them. I feel like I'm intruding."

"Babe, you're my girlfriend. And my parents practically think you're their daughter. So if anyone has a problem, they can suck it up and keep their mouth shut. My eldest cousin is bringing her friend over. Her friend can be kinda... rude. She's my ex best friend. That's all."

"Okay." We went down and there were tons of people. Kids were running around, people were talking, girls were chilling on the couch...

"Ah! There's Jaden my rockstar nephew!" His uncle pet his shoulder and Jaden gripped my hand in order to stop from screaming in pain. "Who's this?"

"This is my girlfriend Chloe," Jaden said.

"Hi," I smiled.

"Chloe Hudson?" His uncle asked.

"Yeah..."

"John, you never said your boy was dating a top singer!"

Jaden pulled me to meet his cousin and his friend and we all decided to go up to a spare room and play never have I ever with 10 fingers. It was going fine at the beginning and his cousins friend Bella was asking all the questions.

"Never have I ever kissed Jaden Hossler," she said and I put a finger down and looked at Jaden who shrugged. "Never have I ever fucked Jaden Hossler." I didn't put a finger down and she glared at me. "Never have I told Jaden Hossler I loved him." Finger down. "Never have I ever wanted to fuck Jaden Hossler." Finger down and Jaden smiled, looking me up and down. "Never have I ever cheated on Jaden Hossler." No finger. "Never have I ever-"

"Stop. You're literally directing the questions at her," Jaden said.

"Yeah," his cousin nodded.

"Well, she can't help that I still have a crush on you and never will stop!" Bella suddenly kissed Jaden who tried to back away, but was up against a wall. He tapped my leg frantically and I pushed her off. She glared at me as Jaden was panting. Her and his cousin immediately walked out of the room and Jaden sat straight, staring at his feet. I scooted over to his side and pulled his chin to face me.

"You have a little... lipstick," I snickered and broke out laughing. I collapsed on the floor and was practically crying. "Y-You have lipstick and she kissed you!" I laughed.

"It's not even funny. It's kinda like I cheated on you," Jaden said and I calmed down.

"Not on purpose though."

"But-"

"She kissed you. You didn't kiss her." I gave him a small pep talk and he felt better.

"Now get this lipstick off of me." I wiped it off and helped him up. We went down and he was pulled by his mom to go talk to someone. A little girl came to me and smiled.

"I'm Jaden's little cousin. Wanna play dolls with me, Jaden's girlfriend?" She asked.

"Sure," I smiled and she took me to a room. She hadme sit as she rushed her doll's hair and changed it's clothes.

"I heard you're a singer," she said.

"Yeah," I nodded with a smile. "How old are you, Meghan?"

"I'm 4. Can you braid my hair like yours?" She sat in front of me.

"Of course!" I took the brush she gave me as he mom walked in.

"Meghan! How many times have I told you to leave people alone. Not everyone wants to play with you," she said.

"Oh, it's fine. I have nothing to do," I shrugged.

"Will you be able to watch over her for the rest of the day? You're the only one she's newly close to here."

"Yes. Of course." I braided Meghan's hair and she looked like a mini me since she had black hair too. We were playing around when there was a knock on the door.

"Hey, both of you, lunch," Jaden stated and we stood up. Meghan made grabby hands at me and I lifted her onto my side. There was a whole buffet outside and everyone was eating either hamburgers or steak. The adults took steak and I did too.

"I can't eat bread," Meghan said. "Just the patty." I got that for her on a plate, so I had two plates in my hands with her on my hip.