Page 13

"I live with you but you never told me. But you tell your fans. I'm there for you, Chase! And you're there for me! Who's the one who protected my from my bullies? Who's the one who was always on my side no matter what?" I bawled. "And I thought you'd tell me about your problems!"

"You wouldn't have been able to do anything, Chloe," Chase said.

"I could have boosted your self-confidence! And after 4 years... You're telling me I could have lost my brother forever!"

"It's not supposed to affect you."

"It does! You're always there for me. You have my back. I love you, Chase!" I stated and he hugged me, crying harder.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so so sorry, Chloe. I love you and you're the best sister I could ask for," he squeezed me and we calmed down. "I love you, Chloe," he whispered and pulled away. "Please don't tell mom," he smiled and wiped his eyes.

"Okay," I smiled and wiped my own eyes. No one wanted to poke into our business and just let us work it out. I went to my room and Chase came in at 1 in the morning.

"Why aren't you asleep?" He asked me.

"Um... I'm trying to come up with a song," I shrugged. "You?"

"I slept for a while, but... nightmares." I scooted over and he lied down next to me. "Why didn't you hang out with Jaden?"

"I don't know. He usually just texts me. But he might be busy. I might see him later this week."

"Sing to me."

"What do you want me to sing?"

"What do you have so far?"

"I can't sing that, Chase," I pet his head.

"Then sing that song mom used to sing to us when we were little." I sang it and he was still awake. "Let's tell each other memories."

"I'll start. Remember when you used to steal ice cream from the kitchen and I would take the blame for it. And then I'd get sent to the treehouse as a punishment."

"And I used to bring you cookies. You were my best friend."

"Were?"

"Are." I smiled and he soon slept. I slowly got out of bed and went downstairs. I was the only one awake, so I had the house to myself. I stole Tayler's guitar and went to my studio. I shut the doors and played the guitar while I sang part of the song I had. I had to try it 50 times just to get it right and I knew it would sound better with a beat. Before I knew it, the sun was rising and people were waking. I went down and Chase and Patty waved.

"Where were you this morning?" Chase asked.

"In the studio. I finished a song."

"So was that a good sleep?" Patty asked.

"It's a no sleep. I've been having trouble sleeping."

"Go see a doctor," Chase said.

"No! I'm fine." He shook his head and let it go. "Go to your dungeon." I got a text and checked it. It was Jaden and he said he was coming over once before going to visit his parents. He came over and we were on the roof. He was in the pool again and I watched him.

"Feeling lonely?" He came over.

"Yeah!" I whined.

"Let's go to your room and go live." We did and he curled up in my blanket. "'Date.' Guy's... we give mixed signs, but there's no need to continue this mission or search. We are just friends." I knew it was to protect out careers. We ended and I cuddled with Jaden. He held me and kissed my cheek. "Chloe, Chase told me you can't sleep. Why?"

"I'm just not tired. That's all. And I had a song to work on. It's not the big deal everyone makes it to be."

"You're mental health is just as important as your career."

"People need to stop worrying about me. I can take care of myself."

"Chloe, I need help," Tayler called. Jaden and I both went to his studio and Nate waved.

"Oh, cool. 3 small time singers and a pop star," he said.

"What's up?" I asked Tayler.

"I need to snip this whole bit out. How do I do that? I wanna overlap it with something else, but it won't set in the right place," he said and I did it for him in 10 minutes. "Thanks."

"Mh-Hm."

"Chloe!" Chase yelled and Jaden followed me. "Can you edit this video for me?"

"Yeah... Sure," I sat down and it took me until 3 in the afternoon. Jaden was upset that I couldn't hang out, so I spent the rest of the day hanging out with him. I was sitting on the couch when Patty, Chase, and Jaden came to me. "What?" I asked.

"You've helped other people and done so much for them. So we're gonna do something for you," Jaden said. They took me to the car and suddenly drove me to the doctors.

"I hate you guys," I stated as they forced me to go in.

"We'll wait in the car," Patty smiled.

"So please fill this out," a lady gave me a clipboard with a sheet of paper. Basically asking if I was pregnant, ever had suicidal thoughts, etc. A doctor came into the room and checked it out.

"Here it says you don't sleep often," she said.

"I'm fine. I haven't slept for 5 days and I'm still fine. I'm not mentally insane and there's nothing wrong," I said.

"That's not normal." I got to leave and leaned down at Patty's window.

"She gave me sleeping and depression pills." I threw the bottles onto him and sat in the back.

"What did she say?" Chase asked.

"I told her I haven't slept and I'm still fine. Then she said, 'That's not normal.' Now leave me alone." He pet my leg as I leaned onto him. "Thanks for caring," I whispered to him and he hummed. We got back and Jaden went home to get ready to leave. I sent my song to the producers and they liked it.

"So we'll pre-record it in a time of 3 days, then work on the video when you have ideas of what you want. For the video, it'll take about a week to edit it," they explained and I agreed.