Page 23

I went to my room and Jaden was laying down on the bed, shirtless.

"Hey," I said and sat by him.

"Don't listen to Quinton. I get what it's like to have siblings. Imagine what my sister and parents felt like when I got arrested..." Jaden took my hand and pulled me to lay down next to him. He kissed me and I smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too." I took his hand and he gave mine a squeeze before kissing the top.

"Do you... wanna go out for a ride or something. And we can talk."

"Sure..." I was unsure and he insisted or driving. He took me higher up Hollywood Hills and parked. We sat on top of the car and Jaden took my hand, holding it.

"So... We've dated for a long while now. And we've kept it really simple. But I wanna know if you're ready for more. Like... I'm just gonna be blunt about this. I don't know if you're ready for more like sex."

"I am. I just didn't know if you wanted to wait for that or not."

"We haven't gone public either. No one knows we're dating again, Chlo."

"Chlo?"

"It's cute, right?" He smiled.

"Sure it is, J," I kissed his cheek and we observed everything in the dark. He put his arm around me and kissed my neck, leaving a light mark. I smiled to myself and leaned into him.

"Let's head back." I nodded and got in the car. I ended up falling asleep and woke when Jaden lifted me.

"Jaden?" I asked.

"Shh. Sleep." I did and he carried me to my room, setting me on the bed and watching me before joining me. I let him wrap his arm around my waist and I pressed my back against his chest. We slept and I woke with Jaden playing with my hair. "Hi," he whispered and I kissed him.

"Hi," I smiled and sat up.

"No!" He whined. "We can stay in bed all day."

"You can, but I can't. Because I have a song to record. I haven't been productive for a month, Jaden."

"Can we go live first?" He asked and I went live on Insta. We were answering questions and Jaden accepted a request.

"Chloe! I'm supposed to make a song with you and you're still in bed!" Travis said and I sighed.

"Yell at Jaden. He wants me to stay in bed all day," I said.

"Snitch," Jaden traced something on my leg.

"Jaden, let her go. Bring him to the studio if he wants," Travis said and I ended the live. I got ready and took Jaden to the studio. He really liked the song and we recorded it. It took about a week to put everything together and I managed to film the video too. The song was called Heart Attack and Travis played the drums in the back.

Jaden and I got back to his apartment and Josh had bought his own house, so it was just Jaden.

"We're alone..." He stated and stood awkwardly.

"Yeah..." I nodded and looked him up and down. "You're adorable," I laughed and kissed him. "I wanna vent to you. Can I?"

"Yeah. What's up?"

"Well, it's just so stressful being in the music company and managing social media and everything. How do you deal with it?" I asked.

"Babe, are you seriously asking me this?" Jaden asked and I nodded. "Chlo, I love you, but you're the more superior singer. I literally only have 2 songs out and a third one on the way. But you have about 15 already. And everyone loves you. You can take a break from social media for a week if you want. It could help. Just tell them you need to focus on mental health and career. That's mainly why I left Sway. There's nothing wrong in it."

"I might a break then."

"Great. And you and I can..." Jaden took my hands and held them both, "take a little trip, have some fun together."

"A trip?" I smiled.

"Mh-Hm."

"And where would we go?" I whispered.

"Well, we could go to Tennessee and you could meet my parents. They listen to your songs and my mom wants to meet you," Jaden shrugged.

"Uh-Huh..."

"We'll stay there for a week. It'll be fun. I promise." I nodded and he kissed me. I told my fans that I'd be taking a break for a while to focus on my mental health and promised them that there would still be songs.

Jaden had me pack and bought plane tickets to go visit his parents.

"So... My dad will try to make random jokes, my mom will ask you about anything cooking related, my cousins and little so they'll ask you to play with them, my aunt and uncle will probably ignore you... But just be yourself," Jaden smiled as we landed.

"Easy for you to say," I muttered. His parents picked us up from the airport and him mom immediately loved me. The whole car ride was quiet and I stared at my feet. We got to the house and it was really cool.

"Will you and Jaden need one room or two?" His dad John asked.

"1," Jaden decided and smiled awkwardly at me. I raised my eyebrows at him and him mom whispered to me.

"I worry about his mental health too," Amy smiled. The took us to a room and let us settle down for a minute. "Dinner will be in 10 minutes. I hope you're hungry." Jaden locked the door and took his shirt off.

"So... I'm gonna take a shower since I didn't this morning," he said and I nodded. "You can head down. I'll be there." I left and made sure to lock the door on the way out.

"So, you're a singer. We love to listen to your songs," Amy smiled sweetly.

"Oh, thanks. You're really sweet," I stated.

"Jaden's sisters Sophie, Clayton, and Haley love you. It's too bad they can't meet you," John sighed. I nodded and we were quiet until Jaden came down. We all had dinner and it was quiet the whole time.