New Beginnings

Stef:

Who would be at my door at like 1:30 in the morning?

I tiptoe to my door so no one would think I am home I look out of my peep hole.

I unlock my door and open it.

"Lena?"

Lena:

I take a deep breath.

"Hey Stef."

She throws her arms around me.

I hug her back and we shut the door.

Somehow we are both crying.

We head to the couch.

I'm still hugging her tight.

Eventually we finally let go of each other.

I look at her.

She seems a bit confused

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home eating lunch or something?"

I swallow.

I'm scared.

"Well umm."

I look up at her.

"I think when you left, there were still there were still some unsaid things. I know I still have things to say, and umm I don't know about you."

"Yeah. There is so much I wanna say."

"Well, I wanna start."

She nods

"Okay."

I gulp.

I pull out my phone and pull up the video.

"Jenna was snooping through my phone at dinner the other night. And she found a video, from that night at the carnival. And she showed it to me."

I show it to her.

Her eyes go wide.

"Oh my god."

"That's what I thought. Of course I didn't mind it."

Stef:

She looks up at me.

"You didn't."

"No I actually enjoyed it. But, umm..."

She pulls out the engagement ring that I left at her house.

She keeps her eyes on the box.

"You Stefanie Marie Foster. Have been there for me from the beginning."

I am so nervous this could go two ways right now.

Either she proposes or she rejects

She keeps her eyes on the box.

"I feel so safe & secure when you're with me. You know, you are the only person who has genuinely made me smile in the last 10 years. And you are the only person who can make me smile for real. You are so gorgeous Stef. All I want to do is to stare into your deep hazel eyes. I just want to love you. And for you to love me."

Okay for some odd reason I still feel like this could go either way.

But, I smile because I feel the same way

"I just want you to hold me. And tell me everything is gonna be alright. I want you there by my side when I can't express my emotions. You are the only person in the world who gets me. You know every single thing about me. You probably know more about me then I know about myself. You're the only person who knows exactly how I am feeling before I know what I am feeling. You're my other half. And without you I feel lost. Incomplete. Almost like a piece of me is missing."